Rejection Notice because of Wrong Check Amount

handxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

We sent our documents 2 weeks ago and I was waiting USCIS to cash our check. However, yesterday they sent us our documents back and they said that the amount of our check is wrong .

My wife was here with J1 visa ( au -pair and no 2 year requirement) and I am a US citizen. We worked with an immigration attorney . He told us to prepare the following forms :

I-130
I-485
G-325A
I-693
I-765
I -864
6 Passport pics for my wife , 2 passport pics for me
Last year w2 , tax returns
Birth certificate
Copy of her visa
Copy of I-94

I made a mistake and send a check for $1345 .. I believe it should be $1365 .. $355 for I -130 and $1010 for I-485..

Now, they sent three notices of rejection that our check is wrong amount . My question is one notice for I-130 that it should be $355 , one notice for I-485 $1010 . But , also the third notice says I -765 for $340

I believe $1010 for I-485 covers also for I-765 right ? Should I fill all the forms all over again to be on the safe side or send them the same forms that has already been filled ? Also, is it better to send 2 seperate checks for I-130 and I -485 or 1 check for $1365 ?

I do no know how I made this stupid mistake but instead of writing $1365 , i wrote $1345. I hope this mistake will not effect our interview process and also I guess i am lucky that they did not cash the check ..

Did your wife have an EAD before? if so,

If you are filing for an extension of your Employment Authorization and your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, was filed before July 30, 2007, then you must pay the $340 filing fee.

visit this page: This page can be found at .uscis.gov/i-765

I believe $1010 for I-485 covers also for I-765 right ?

Should I fill all the forms all over again to be on the safe side or send them the same forms that has already been filled ?

Also, is it better to send 2 seperate checks for I-130 and I -485 or 1 check for $1365 ?

1. Yes, it does (unless you are trying to renew an older EAD card, which ideally you should not on a marriage based AOS)

2. I am not a 100% sure of this, but I think you can re-send the returned docs and include a cover letter stating the wrong fees.

3. Include two separate checks (with the appropriate amount). I have seen others who have (successfully) send one check for the total amount, but to avoid any confusion just send them separately.