Reissuing or extending CR1 visa due to unable to travel in current situation

Jazii

As some of you may know, there is a provision in US immigration law that allows consulates around the world to reissue the expired visa if a person is unable to travel due to situations not under his control. I have read that particular provision and understand it except the line I have marked in RED below..can somebody please explain me what is the meaning of this line. The provision says as following-:

9 FAM 504.10-5(A) (U) Issuing Replacement Visa During Validity of Original Visa
a. (U) If you are satisfied that an applicant will be or was unable to use an immigrant visa (IV) during its validity period because of reasons beyond the applicant’s control and for which the applicant is not responsible then you may issue a replacement visa with the originally allocated visa number within the same fiscal year even though the visa has not yet expired. You should recall and cancel the originally-issued visa and collect once again the appropriate IV application processing fee (including the Diversity Visa Lottery Fee for a DV applicant), unless the applicant was unable to use the visa as a result of action by the U.S. Government over which the alien had no control and for which the alien was not responsible.

Now, Let us suppose my Cr1 visa expires in august and I apply for the reissue of visa at US consulate. Can a consulate be able to reissue visa or extend visa even after 30 september 2020. Because when we read provision "FAM 504.10-5(A) (U)", there is a line in there(marked in red above) that says something "SAME FISCAL YEAR". Does this have anything to do with my Cr1 immigrant visa if in case I need to get my visa reissued or extended?

I will really appreciate if somebody can please guide me.

This forum’s host, a highly reputable immigration lawyer already answered your question here. You’ll not get a “better” response than what he’s already provided you with!