reinstatement

drsjusa

Registered Users (C)
Hello sir,
How n when we can apply for reinstatement?
how much of grace period we get when we are accepted for reinstatement.

This may be a special situation becasue of all the fraud and reinstatement might not be an option. IF you were a real student, attending the few actual classes that exisited, and USCIS and ICE agree that you were not a party to the fraud, a reinstatement might be possible.

In clean cases, reinstatement is generally only given if applied for timely. There is a general 5 month maximum period in which to apply. See 8 CFR 214.2(f)(16).

(16) Reinstatement to student status —(i) General. The district director may consider reinstating a student who makes a request for reinstatement on Form I–539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, accompanied by a properly completed SEVIS Form I–20 indicating the DSO's recommendation for reinstatement (or a properly completed Form I–20A-B issued prior to January 30, 2003, from the school the student is attending or intends to attend prior to August 1, 2003). The district director may consider granting the request if the student:

(A) Has not been out of status for more than 5 months at the time of filing the request for reinstatement (or demonstrates that the failure to file within the 5 month period was the result of exceptional circumstances and that the student filed the request for reinstatement as promptly as possible under these exceptional circumstances);

(B) Does not have a record of repeated or willful violations of Service regulations;

(C) Is currently pursuing, or intending to pursue, a full course of study in the immediate future at the school which issued the Form I–20;

(D) Has not engaged in unauthorized employment;

(E) Is not deportable on any ground other than section 237(a)(1)(B) or (C)(i) of the Act; and

(F) Establishes to the satisfaction of the Service, by a detailed showing, either that:

( 1 ) The violation of status resulted from circumstances beyond the student's control. Such circumstances might include serious injury or illness, closure of the institution, a natural disaster, or inadvertence, oversight, or neglect on the part of the DSO, but do not include instances where a pattern of repeated violations or where a willful failure on the part of the student resulted in the need for reinstatement; or

( 2 ) The violation relates to a reduction in the student's course load that would have been within a DSO's power to authorize, and that failure to approve reinstatement would result in extreme hardship to the student.

(ii) Decision. If the Service reinstates the student, the Service shall endorse the student's copy of Form I–20 to indicate the student has been reinstated and return the form to the student. If the Form I–20 is from a non-SEVIS school, the school copy will be forwarded to the school. If the Form I–20 is from a SEVIS school, the adjudicating officer will update SEVIS to reflect the Service's decision. In either case, if the Service does not reinstate the student, the student may not appeal that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you

Thank you for that information but can you tell me approximately how much time I get after applying for reinstatement and its approval?
and if I get reinstatement within how much time I have to get enroll in the other university?