Registering existing overseas business in US on H1B

sonu2die4

Hi,

At the very outset let me introduce myself. My name is Vivek. i was looking for some input to my queries related business setup questions in the US.I have two companies in India
1) Software Development company ( Registered in India under my name)
2) Handicraft Related company ( Registered in India under my Mother's name)

I moved to the US for work and am working on an H1- B Visa. I was thinking to expand the business and do some offshore work for the software company. I already have some clients for the software development projects.

Furthermore, I was also talking to some art galleries if they wanted to buy my handicraft material. Some of the clients are ready to buy handicraft stuff too.

I have read a lot of post regarding pursuing a business in the US on an H1B visa and the difficulties associated with it. I have the following questions and it would be very nice if I may get a valuable feedback for the same

1) Software Related Questions

a) How easy would it be for me to open a branch of the company here?
b) If I do not open a branch in the US, is it still possible to get the project developed in India and sent it to the client and accept the payment in the US?
c) If I do not open a branch in the US, is it still possible to get the project developed in India and sent it to the client and get the payment sent to India?

2) Handicraft Related Company Questions

a) Can I sell the handicraft material to the art galleries in the US and accept money from them here in the US?
b) would it be a good idea to get the samples shipped to me from India and sell them here without jeopardising my H1B status?
c) How easy would it be for me to open a branch here?

Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards

Vivek

Any information

Hi Vivek,

Were you able to find any information ? I was trying to look for info on the same lines just that the business overseas is not registered on my name but want to expand here under my name. Please share any info if you have.

Thanks