Register to vote

ninedragon

Register to vote as LPR, but already cancelled

Hello all,

I became a LPR in June 2007, and in October 2012 I registered to vote after one of the people that promote to vote for the last year President election in my school said that even though I'm not a USC, it's still OK to register to vote and go to vote after become USC. When I started the N-400 application around last month, I realized that USCIS ask for whether or not I'm registered to vote in part 10 question 2 and I immediately cancelled my voter registration with the Board of Registration in Orange County, CA and I have affidavit that stated I never voted in last year election and I already cancelled the registration. Today is my 6th anniversary of being a LPR. Also, I haven't submitted my N-400 yet because I was worried that they would denied it just because of that one question.

What should I do here?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did you fill out some voter registration form and falsely said on there that you're a U.S. citizen? That would be very, very bad.

Register to vote as LPR, but already cancelled

Hello all,

I became a LPR in June 2007, and in October 2012 I registered to vote after one of the people that promote to vote for the last year President election in my school said that even though I'm not a USC, it's still OK to register to vote and go to vote after become USC. When I started the N-400 application around last month, I realized that USCIS ask for whether or not I'm registered to vote in part 10 question 2 and I immediately cancelled my voter registration with the Board of Registration in Orange County, CA and I have affidavit that stated I never voted in last year election and I already cancelled the registration. Today is my 6th anniversary of being a LPR. Also, I haven't submitted my N-400 yet because I was worried that they would denied it just because of that one question.

What should I do here?

Thank you.
Have you filed your N400?
How did it go?