Refiled-I-140 Pending

rakeshr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-140 was denied earlier because the petition required a US Bachelors of Science or foreign equivalent and five years of experience.

I have 3 yrs of degree + 2 yrs Diploma + 7 yrs experience . According to education evaluation I submitted my 3 yrs degree + 7 yrs experience = US Bachelors

I have refiled my I-140 in OCT 2002 with new education evaluation (saying 3 yrs degree + 2 yrs diploma= US Bachelors) and still waiting for approval.

Please let me know if any one had similar kind of experience.

Thanks
Rakesh

education evaluation

Hi Rakesh,

Your situation is beginning to sound very common these days - RFE on educational equivalency at the I-140 stage. Though I've just applied for my labor, I think my application sounds a lot like yours and to stay a step ahead, I'm working to make sure I don't come across unnecessary stumbling blocks. We'll see if it works, though.

I asked my lawyers recently about this (ie.educational evaluations) in regards to my application and based on what they said, I think that since you have sent in an evaluation that clearly proves that you have the equivalent of a US undergraduate degree, you should not face any problems. Of course, this deduction is based on the fact that you did not send a similar evaluation the first time around.

It might help if we could hook up, if you think that's okay. Drop me a line or a contact email.

Smokey

Hi Rakesh and Smokey

I will also in the same boat like yours in next couple of weeks.

Rakesh can you tell me about your 2 yrs Diploma

Thanks

Arun

I-140 Denied/Refiled

Please post your case details if you have/had similar case.

Thanks
Rakesh

Last edited by a moderator: