Reference letters !!

deepred

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Has anyone applicant here NOT been able to provide a reference letter from a previous company while applying ? The reason I ask is coz my former company laid me off and refused to give me a letter due to company policies.

So, I just sent a copy of my offer letter, last few pay stubs and a memorandum that I received when I was laid off. I also sent them a 1-800 number (set-up for laid off people by the former company) where they could call and verify some of my employment details.

Has anyone else here been in a similar situation ?

Anyone has any idea how this may affect my case ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

My old company (though I left the job) is not giving me a letter. Not sure what would be the best thing to do. I might actually get my lawyer to write them a letter since a letter from a lawyer requesting a reference might carry more weight.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. All I have is the business card, which ofcourse does not do me any good.

But in the worst case scenerio, I guess I can use the certified copies of the INS work-authorization application papers to prove that I have indeed worked during that time. I guess being a foreign worker will kinda help me in this situation.

By the way, would it be possible for you to post a sample letter over here or even email it to me privately/directly. I would really appreciate it. Please see if it would be possible or not.

Regards,

Sajid

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear,IAmTiredOfThis

better delite or edit your above post, the person has got the answer, just for security reasons!!!

Deep, I can do that. How do I contact you ? I tried sending the mail through this portal, but it appears that one cannot send a mail to you from here because of your settings.

I will edit my response as well just to make sure that I do not get anyone in trouble. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I did not have a lawyer to request a reference letter or anything like that. Do you guys think they will come back to me at the time of initial assessment and ask me to provide a letter ? OR will this be cause for an interview ?

I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and received initial assessment already ?

Thanks for the input, folks.

Cheers.

I could not arrange reference letter from my current employer. Therefore I attached copy of employement offer letter, latest pay slip copy and a copy of reference that I was having while applying H1B extension. Also I attached one letter stating that I am unable to get a recent reference due to job security point of view. I am not sure how far all these going to be helpful for the processing purpose and whether the Canadian Immigration wil have no objections for this.

Also (Red and Klm), give the letter of reference as they expect, insted of giving documents such as offer letter/pay slips as that could unnecessarily result in an interview call.