Recount: Oct cases not approved, please post here

Your Options

Hello Everyone,
Until recently, I was one of the people *desperately* waiting for approval, and finally got it. I am pretty sure that your folks are next, but here are some of the things that I did and was contemplating to do...

1. Call your lawyer at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week and have them call the BCIS and ask the status on your case. Since they are attorneys, they can also question the IIO on why later RDs are being processed. Usually the attorneys get the same response that you do, but the IIO is more "explanative" to the attorneys. Sometimes attorneys tell you that they will call and they simply go to the website and give you info from there. So question your attorney repeatedly....

2. Have your attorney send a letter to the American Immigrant Lawyers Association (AILA). Immigration Attorneys usually are members of AILA and AILA has one representative per service centre that handles requests for that service centre. The attorney sends a letter (or email) to AILA and the representative acknowledges the email and forwards a query to BCIS. My attorney actually contacted AILA on my behalf and about 3 wks after that my approval came, although there is no way for me to know that it was the AILA connection that resulted in my approval.

3. Finally, you have the option of contacting your local senator/ congress person. The list can be obtained from a myriad of government websites, and you can also search in this forum for these web addresses. From what I have heard, senators make you sign a "personal information release" form and send off a note to BCIS requesting the status on your case. Keep in mind that most of this stuff is done my some "assistant" in the senator's office and is probably done on some form of "canned" letter...so its not guaranteed to work. Also I have heard of cases where a letter from a senator's office actually pissed off the adjudication officer leading to an RFE....so be very careful on this, and do this only if you are one of the last few people left for approval in your category.

I think there are still a few August and September filers waiting, so Oct filers are not alone.

A colleague of mine once told me of this green card experience, where his case was apparently assigned to an officer who went on maternity leave. She did not complete her cases, and these files were lying on her desk for about 2 months. Somebody finally noticed that and they reassigned the cases to someone else. So something like this may also be going on. Maybe all of Oct cases went to an officer who is on vacation, or who is just slow and believes in taking coffee and smoke breaks after every case or every half hour whichever is earlier :(

Well, these are all the tips that I have and they also reflect the various things I did or was contemplating to do for my approval.

Please note that these are just my views and expereinces and they could be radically wrong as well :)

Actually the best thing you could do is to stop waiting or looking forward to the approval so much. I know its a very huge thing to ask for considering that this approval means so much to all of us, but if u dont look at the BCIS website every day it will help you since you will not grow anxious each passing day. Thats what I did....stopped checking the BCIS systems....until one day my wife checked and found the approval message !

All the best folks....you will see light at the end of this tunnel soon !!!

Question for ddaa2

Still here waiting. I am totally numb now. RD 10/31/2001

ddaa2, I have exact same dates as you. Can you please tell me when you received re-fingerprints notice after previous one expired (e.g., 3 weeks after). and when you received it, does it say you can go anyday or have to wait until the specified date.

I was told I am going to get re-fingerprint notice, but haven't received it yet.

to pgc

the notice date of re-fingerprint is 5/21/03, 3weeks after expiry. we received it on 5/27/03. we went earlier, i think it depends on the officer whether he/she let you do it earlier. but the notices were sent to old address, lucky for us that postal office forwarded to our new address.

guys, sending a letter to VSC's director might help. We need to let VSC know there are so many sleeping cases.

to Lovensing

I am not from NJ, actually from MA

does everybody need to do the "security check? And where do this? What will be checked for it? INS said they are waiting for the result of my security check.

Best regards to all of us OCT.

Oct cases not approved

Count me too.

RD 10/26/2001
FP 03/29/2002

Awaiting to hear the good news with lots of hope at every minute !!!!!

Oct cases not approved

Mine is Phily/EB2
but I live in NJ

Today my attorney emailed the following information to me when I asked him to followup the case with INS.

"
I spoke to the National Customer Center Line today (the Service
Centers no longer take phone calls) and explained the situation. The officer took your date and will forward it to the case resolution center at VSC. VSC will send me an email or letter with information within 3-4 weeks
"

count me too

RD 10/26/2001
ND 12/05/2001
EAC-02-055-54xxx

IIO said that case is in security checks (whatever that means).

I am a Dec 2001 RD filer. But I want to share my limited experience with two telephone operators or customer phone people recenlty.

Recently I called twice. First time, I spoke to a woman. She first just read the online msg to me. I said that I just wanted to make sure that my case is not lost or still on track (I was thinking of saying that I just want to make sure my case is not getting shredded or something like that. but I did not)...Then later, she said that she needs to have my A number and she might be able to do a inqurey of status, which will takes 30 days or something like that...However, I did not have my A# that day.

A few days later, I called again. Some other woman picked up my call and she was not helpful at all, just saying there is a back log...did not mention the inqurey at all..so I did not ask about that either...

Why don't they treat us like human beings with rights? It is just because that we are not Americans yet. I cannot believe that I am in America...