Record holder. Finally approved.

10 years

Hi All,

After 10 years and 5 months of waiting I got the GC.

PD: 12/1998
I-140 Filed: 8/2002 AD 5/2003
Preference category: EB3 ROW
Service Center: VSC to TSC
I-485 Filed: 6/2003
Lost count of EADs. Some of them have our pictures with an angled pose with right ear visible.

Called every 3 months and opened service request multiple times. Never tried letters to Congressmen, Senator, First lady, FBI, Ombudsman or WOM.

I think I hold the record so far.

Finally it happened, we are green. The web site was very helpful. Be patient and tolerant. Do not break the law. Good luck to all of you.

TSC
EB3

I485
PD: 12/1998
RD: 06/2003 :confused::confused:
FP: 2007
I-485 Approved: 04/14/2008 :D:D
Cards received: 04/21/2008 :):):)

Sincerely yours,
The record holder “10 years”

PD in 1998? No labor substitution?

However it's 9 years and 5 months, not 10 years and five months. Still a bloody long time to wait though. I wouldn't have been that patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. In fact you hold two records. Apart from the wait-period record, you did not register at this portal during the entire time and ended up with a single post in 10 years. Wow !!

Enjoy your green.

Congrats and enjoy!!
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think akbari holds the record at a whopping 18 yrs!!!

congrats man, its a long journey, but its over now
i think Akbari is the grand old man here, he recently got his approval
enjoy the freedom man

Congrats.... 10 YEARS....

Jack,
Good catch.................................

Last edited by a moderator:
December 1998 to May 1999 is 5 months. 9 years after May 1999 is May 2008. That makes 9 years and 5 months from December 1998 to May 1999. Somebody born in December 1998 would not be 10 years old yet.

You counted 2008 as a full year, but only 5 months have passed in 2008.

Congratulations. In fact you hold two records. Apart from the wait-period record, you did not register at this portal during the entire time and ended up with a single post in 10 years. Wow !!

Enjoy your green.

That was cool ...wow :D :D :D

Congrats and enjoy!!
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think akbari holds the record at a whopping 18 yrs!!!

This is madness!!!!
the poor guy would have become a grandfather in the true sense while waiting for his GC