Recommended Immigration Lawyer

ixora78

Registered Users (C)
I notice my laywer is very slow in processing my case.
For example, he always never reply my email also I can't usually find him over the phone! So, I got a bit frustrated recently!

So, recently I am thinking to change to a new lawyer eventhough I have paid him $700 as downpayment. So, anyone have good recommendation?

I did some Google-ing and found Zhang & Associates which seems to have a lot up to date information daily:

http://www.hooyou.com/index.html

Anyone try here before? How is your experience.
Also, do you think I should change lawyer or all lawyers are the same?

Thanks!

ixora78 said:
I notice my laywer is very slow in processing my case.
For example, he always never reply my email also I can't usually find him over the phone! So, I got a bit frustrated recently!

I usually email with my attorney's paralegals--he has different paralegals assigned to different aspects of filing. Sometimes I phone, if I need interactive communication but they usually very responsive in replying to my emails (within minutes, hours, but less than 24 hrs). If your attorney deals directly with you on the details of paperwork, then it might suggest he probably does not make enough businesses to pay for enough # of paralegals.

Rather than starting a long-distance relationship, :rolleyes: you might want to ask around for a decent, local attorney.

jf

ixora78 said:
jf, which lawyer are you using? can you recommend to me please? thanks!

My attorney is in NJ and I'm not sure if he's located convenient to you. He might be expensive as well. (I don't know the fees because it was my employer who hired him.) If you're still interested, let me know. I may ask him if how much he charges to individuals.

jf

jollyfella said:
My attorney is in NJ and I'm not sure if he's located convenient to you. He might be expensive as well. (I don't know the fees because it was my employer who hired him.) If you're still interested, let me know. I may ask him if how much he charges to individuals.

jf

Hi! Thank you so much. My email address is solaresiena@gmail.com.

ixora78 said:
Hi! Thank you so much. My email address is solaresiena@gmail.com.

I'll email you tonight at home. My work computer do not allow this type of emailing (corporate IT policy) :(

Anyway, to give you the brief picture, my attorney says he'd charge $3800-6700 for NIW (case by case) and less for OR. Are you endorsed by your employer for OR? (I don't mean financially. There is a form and a letter an employer needs to complete to endorse a beneficiary for OR.) He says it's a critical factor in OR. I believe I got mine easily because of the endorsement by my employer, which is a DJIA component.

BTW, the attorney is located in northern Jersey.

jf

Last edited by a moderator:
jollyfella said:
I'll email you tonight at home. My work computer do not allow this type of emailing (corporate IT policy) :(

Anyway, to give you the brief picture, my attorney says he'd charge $3800-6700 for NIW (case by case) and less for OR. Are you endorsed by your employer for OR? (I don't mean financially. There is a form and a letter an employer needs to complete to endorse a beneficiary for OR.) He says it's a critical factor in OR. I believe I got mine easily because of the endorsement by my employer, which is a DJIA component.

BTW, the attorney is located in northern Jersey.

jf

Yes, my employer will be my beneficiary for my OR application and they said they will sign the form. However, my lawyer never mention to me that I need a letter from my employer though..:(

ixora78 said:
Yes, my employer will be my beneficiary for my OR application and they said they will sign the form. However, my lawyer never mention to me that I need a letter from my employer though..:(

No, it's the other way around. Your employer will be the petitioner, and you be the beneficiary. In an ideal situation, your attorney will work directly with your employer's HR to get whatever paperwork to be done, with minimal involvement from you. (In my case, I just reviewed my employer's letter to confirms facts.) Your employer should pay for attorney fees as well. ;)

jollyfella said:
No, it's the other way around. Your employer will be the petitioner, and you be the beneficiary. In an ideal situation, your attorney will work directly with your employer's HR to get whatever paperwork to be done, with minimal involvement from you. (In my case, I just reviewed my employer's letter to confirms facts.) Your employer should pay for attorney fees as well. ;)

Oppss..sorry. I was blur..Yes, my employer is the petitioner and I am the beneficiary. However, since I am using my personal lawyer, I have to deal with all these paperworks. Some of my colleagues told me is not too ideal to use company lawyer...not sure whether this is true.