Recommended Approval/EAD/Driver License/California

newasylee2008

Registered Users (C)
I am writing in regard to a relative of mine
He got his recommended approval 10 days ago .. and applied for EAD .. and got the receipt..
First, How long does it take to get the initial EAD from California Service Center?
I know the dates are posted on their website, but I heard that the initial EAD usually takes less time, is that correct?

Second, the California DMV is not issuing a permanent driver license for him, saying that the recommended approval and SS# are not enough documents and he need to present his I-94 to get his license!!
we all know that I-94 may take months/years, so what can he do get his driver license issued in california ???

I believe that once you receive the EAD, it is a sufficient basis for getting a permanent driver's license. Not sure how long it takes to get the initial EAD though.

I am writing in regard to a relative of mine
He got his recommended approval 10 days ago .. and applied for EAD .. and got the receipt..
First, How long does it take to get the initial EAD from California Service Center?
I know the dates are posted on their website, but I heard that the initial EAD usually takes less time, is that correct?

Second, the California DMV is not issuing a permanent driver license for him, saying that the recommended approval and SS# are not enough documents and he need to present his I-94 to get his license!!
we all know that I-94 may take months/years, so what can he do get his driver license issued in california ???
I-94 will come with final approval letter.
DMV will issue driver liscense up to validity of work authorization if you get one.

thanks yaha and mh66 ..

are there any other documents that can be used to obtain a driver license rather than EAD? coz according to the website, they are processing May applications now, which means it may take up to 5 more months to get the EAD ..

thanks