Recom letters for multi-petition

gousa

Registered Users (C)
If I apply for NIW and EB1-OR together at the same time, should I request two recommendation letters from the letter writer? or use the original for one petition, and the copy for the other?
Thanks a lot.
- gousa

No Title

I would take two separate letters with the contents being the same except for the first line which specifies that the letter is in support for a petition of a certain type (OR/EA/NIW).

Gopal

No Title

I am planning to do a self petition for EB1(EA) and NIW. I previously had my I-140 approved under EB1(OR) with a different company (my previous employer). My question is - should I/should I not highlight my earlier EB1(OR) approval in my present petitions? Does this help/hurt my applications.

Gopal

No Title

I self-petitioned in NIW and EA using only one set of
letters. I assume that my lawyer made copies.

You should highlight the previous EB-1 (OR) approval.

No Title

You don\'t have to send any originals to the INS, they specifically state so somewhere (on the form?). But you have to be able to present the originals on request. If you have just one set, I would keep originals and send copies only.

No Title

Ooa is right. I think this is what Ooa refers to.

The INS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

This is only a part of the tips from INS. You can find the whole information here.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

This gives you a lot of helpful information to file your petitions.

You can find very useful information at NIW/EB1 in the old message board of this site also.

Shintaro