Reclaim h1 within 6yrs after leaving US


New Member
I have stayed in US for 2 and half yrs on H1B, and left US. I want to find a job and go back. Since it is less than 6yrs that I left the country, can I find another job and employer and transfer/reclaim my H1B to new employer with cap exemption? Or should I apply as new H1B within cap?

Thanks in advance.