Recieved Green Card in mail today

I have the same question

How do we check for Cards status online, does it have any receipt number?? if so what is it?? thank you

Stamped on - 08/30/2002
center : cincinnati

waiting for Card

just put in ur Lin # in the case and

push the button Taddddaaa magic , u can see the status on the screen

hehehe

best of luck to everyone. hope this helps
:D

so it's taking around 9mos+

from the ppt stamping date,with NSC.
Again,this is for approvals with NSC only,as I know cases transferred from NSC to Local INS ,the plastic cards take 4-6 weeks.
I was not bothering abt it,until I travelled outside the US,and when I reentered, with my GC stamp in the ppt,they still took me to "INS Secondary" - gosh that makes one feel like a criminal,and said this will continue until u get the actual card.
ha!,esp since I travel outside the US often,and thot after getting the stamp,that was that.
oh well.
Cheers
JAck

Hi Jack,

I am also traveling overseas on I-551 stamp.
What Qs do they ask you at POE during secondary inspection.
Any particular thing I shud be prepared for.

Thanks a lot.

T-Rex

hi "t-rex" buddy

well I entered in Washington,from London.
They did not ask me anything in particular at INS Secondary - took my ppt,told me to wait,and then called out my name
They had stamped something on my ppt like "Paroled till some crap" - it's like some sort of "special" Advance parole is what the officer told me.
Then,they(ins secondary) stamped something on my Customs sheet. (note ofcourse u dont need an i-94),so the customs guy asked "what did u get,etc"
I asked the INS Secondary guys if this is something I have to go thru everytime i enter US,and they said yes,till we get the actual cards...so it's not over till the fat lady sings apparently

hope I answered the questions u had
Cheers
Jack

Thanks Jack.
Your answer raises even more Qs for me.

e.g. If Paroled till (some date) - what do you do after that date. Do you go to the local INS office and explain them your story all over again.

The GC BS is a pain in the b---. WHEN DOES THIS ALL GET OVER??? I bet there will be more catches even after you get the real thing.

Thanks again Jack, but this GC deal gets more confusing by the day - AP after a GC. I hope I can make some sense out of this.

Cheers
T-Rex

hi again bud

well there's no date for the "AP" ..yeah ..u bet the GC is a PAIN in the behind.As I said,u have to go to INS Secondary everytime
I spoke to my attorney,and she says that earlier that was not the case...the stamp was enuf for them to lookup in the system
Now..I am not sure if this was at washington only,or if that's the case in every "POE" .
I shall be leaving again from SFO this time,and returning at SFO ..shall let u know what happens then,but me thinks things wont be that different.
Yeah ,even after u get the"CARD" ensure u keep track of all
ur travels,etc,as it comes up during citizenship..one of my buddies here had a problem,since he used to travel a lot too,and submitted details of foreign travel different than the INS systems,since he dint keep a track,and so had to go thru his passports..so he gave me a tip..keep a track of all foreign travel after GC..POEs,dates,places travelled
Good luck man
Cheers
Jack

Thanks Jack.
I will keep track as you suggest.

Hopefully the secondary won't be as painful as getting the GC.

Cheers.
T-Rex