Recent experience at Peace Bridge POE

wpower

Hi I got a lot of help here so coming back to share the experience.

First of all, as many have confirmed, under the COVID situation, TN is still being processed, and is not limited to health or other essential service workers. For example, I applied under Engineer category and got approved.

The process was smooth. First at the border booth they asked a few basic questions such as where you came from today, what's the purpose, what's the travel plan today (I said will go back to Canada right after this) etc.

Then they directed me to park at a certain location and very soon an officer came and brought me to the office, collected my materials, and asked a few questions such as what's my degree (which matches the TN category), where the new job is located, have I worked in the US before, etc. Then the officer went to the back and processed for 10 minutes ish and came back with the TN status I94. The office was very friendly and calm.

The entire process was roughly 30 minutes because there was a short line at the booth which took 10 minutes ish.

After that I came back to Canada, had a nice drive along the lake toward Niagara Falls. Very beautiful in summer time, recommended!

Congrats!

Hi I got a lot of help here so coming back to share the experience.

First of all, as many have confirmed, under the COVID situation, TN is still being processed, and is not limited to health or other essential service workers. For example, I applied under Engineer category and got approved.

The process was smooth. First at the border booth they asked a few basic questions such as where you came from today, what's the purpose, what's the travel plan today (I said will go back to Canada right after this) etc.

Then they directed me to park at a certain location and very soon an officer came and brought me to the office, collected my materials, and asked a few questions such as what's my degree (which matches the TN category), where the new job is located, have I worked in the US before, etc. Then the officer went to the back and processed for 10 minutes ish and came back with the TN status I94. The office was very friendly and calm.

The entire process was roughly 30 minutes because there was a short line at the booth which took 10 minutes ish.

After that I came back to Canada, had a nice drive along the lake toward Niagara Falls. Very beautiful in summer time, recommended!

Hey everyone,
Just an FYI - drove to Peace Bridge today (Friday sep 25) from Virginia.
Only one lane was opened on Canada side. Requested the officer for flagpolling and mentioned I needed to get a new TN. The officer confirmed by asking so you don’t want to enter Canada but instead want to turn around. I said yes.
The officer gave me a paper and asked me to hand it over to the officer on the U.S side. It had some details about the reason for my u-turn and my car information.
Proceeded with u-turn and went to the U.S side. Requested the officer that I needed a new TN and provided him with my passport and the paper. He collected it and asked me to go to the building with the doors.
Another officer directed me to enter door 3. Parked my car and went to door 3. It was just me there. Officer asked me the purpose of my visit. Told him I needed to get a new TN. He asked for the employment letter and my degree and asked me to wait. Within < 10 minutes I was out with my new TN.
In this current situation everyone seemed to be a little relaxed and not overworked. They all were pleasant to speak with...starting from the Canadian side and ending with the officer to whom I paid $56.
Note - I called CBP few days before traveling and the officer asked me come between 8 am and 4 pm. I went in at 2 pm.
Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Hey everyone,
Just an FYI - drove to Peace Bridge today (Friday sep 25) from Virginia.
Only one lane was opened on Canada side. Requested the officer for flagpolling and mentioned I needed to get a new TN. The officer confirmed by asking so you don’t want to enter Canada but instead want to turn around. I said yes.
The officer gave me a paper and asked me to hand it over to the officer on the U.S side. It had some details about the reason for my u-turn and my car information.
Proceeded with u-turn and went to the U.S side. Requested the officer that I needed a new TN and provided him with my passport and the paper. He collected it and asked me to go to the building with the doors.
Another officer directed me to enter door 3. Parked my car and went to door 3. It was just me there. Officer asked me the purpose of my visit. Told him I needed to get a new TN. He asked for the employment letter and my degree and asked me to wait. Within < 10 minutes I was out with my new TN.
In this current situation everyone seemed to be a little relaxed and not overworked. They all were pleasant to speak with...starting from the Canadian side and ending with the officer to whom I paid $56.
Note - I called CBP few days before traveling and the officer asked me come between 8 am and 4 pm. I went in at 2 pm.
Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Congrats Jay_Kay
Thanks for sharing your experience
Just one question here, the TN support letter you carried, is that referenced NAFTA or newly enacted USMCA? Just wondering, as our employer prepared a letter referencing to NAFTA. Just checking to see

Good question, it’s the newly enacted USMCA.

On Feb 2019, I carried an employment letter for my previous employer and that had NAFTA. I was approved for that too.