Received spouse FP1 mail today

MD_Rockville

Registered Users (C)
Received spouse FP1 mail today :)
It stopped my heartbeat for a moment as I was anticipating my approval. :rolleyes: I am happy that USCIS has mailed FP1 notice to my spouse now. I will update the signature once I have notice in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, my heart also skips a beat when I get things. Am I approved? Does INS want to bring me in to "have a talk"? Who knows?! Let's open the envelope and find out :D

hi MD Rockville

How did u know that they mailed u a FP notice without receiving it?

r u saying that you had a status update and u received an e-mail indicating the same?

then u r lucky because there are so many people including me who have not had a status update when the FP notice was sent, not even the LUD change.

This is what I got in mail

On October 21, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for
fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this
processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

My wife got her FP notice 2 weeks back. I was worried since I was the primary applicant. Today, I received my FP notice. Its was a great relief..

FP reschedule question

Hi All,
I received the FP1 notices (for wife and self), scheduled on 11/12. Meanwhile, she left for India for a Vacation just a week ago. I want to postpone her FP until she comes back (in late Dec.).
My question: is there a timelimit within which one must complete the FP, after the notice has been sent ? Has anybody from the Forum done it before ?
Is it advisable to complete my FP now and let my wife complete hers later ?
Please share your experiences.

Thanks a ton.

dasash said:
Hi All,
I received the FP1 notices (for wife and self), scheduled on 11/12. Meanwhile, she left for India for a Vacation just a week ago. I want to postpone her FP until she comes back (in late Dec.).
My question: is there a timelimit within which one must complete the FP, after the notice has been sent ? Has anybody from the Forum done it before ?
Is it advisable to complete my FP now and let my wife complete hers later ?
Please share your experiences.

Thanks a ton.
Some people claim there is 84 days or 90 days or whatever, but if it doesn't say that on your FP notice, I wouldn't trust it.

Doing yours now is really entirely up to you. In regards to your wife's FP, I would probably send off a letter now to get it rescheduled, and in the letter be very cordial and "respectfully request" that her FP is delayed until whenever she gets back. When you send this send it USPS with all of the signature confirmation, proof of mailing, etc. stuff that is available.

Skoorb said:
Some people claim there is 84 days or 90 days or whatever, but if it doesn't say that on your FP notice, I wouldn't trust it.

Doing yours now is really entirely up to you. In regards to your wife's FP, I would probably send off a letter now to get it rescheduled, and in the letter be very cordial and "respectfully request" that her FP is delayed until whenever she gets back. When you send this send it USPS with all of the signature confirmation, proof of mailing, etc. stuff that is available.
Hi Skoorb,
Thanks for your response. In fact, I was thinking of doing something similar: sending the Notice (back to the Local Office, with the reschedule option selected) alongwith a letter (since there is no option in the notice to request a specific date).
Just was looking around if anybody else has done the same (and been successful). BTW, I have my FP scheduled in Seattle INS Office. Anybody (who care to read this thread) been there recently ? I would like to know their experience.

Thanks.

I forgot one more thing to ask. The FP notice asks to send back the Original FP notice (for reschedule) to the Local Center. Do they send a new Notice (with a new date) in mail or can one go later with the copy of the previous notice ?

Thanks.