Received RFE on 09/28 - I485

Bobbili_Puli

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Just received an email from CRIS that an RFE was sent for my I-485. Both my wife's and my case had LUD today but the status change was only for my case. Do you have any idea what could that be? Mine is a straight forward case but I have changed employers and didn't inform USCIS.

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On September 27, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. "

RFE Content

Guys, Here is the RFE content. I welcome any suggestions.

- Submit evidence of Non-Immigrant Status begining with you original entry as listed on your form I-485 and ending on the date of filing adjustment I485.
This may include the following:

Photocopy of the form I-797 (Approval notices for all extensions and change of status)

photocopy of the form I-20

photocopy (front and back) of the applicant's form I-94 Arrival/Departure record

Please submit a current employer letter from your petetioning employer outlining your specific job responsibilities in detail, salary, and prospect of future employment. The letter must be signed, dated and on Company letter head.

You must submit the request within 30 days blah..blah..

My question is :

How do I get the I-94 copies. When I travelled outside I-94 will be taken by the immigration authorities.

I have no I-20..never changed to student status.

Approval notices ( I can find but have to search)

Photocopy of the form I-797 (Approval notices for all extensions and change of status)

photocopy (front and back) of the applicant's form I-94 Arrival/Departure record

How do I get the I-94 copies. When I travelled outside I-94 will be taken by the immigration authorities.

You supposed to have the copies of all I-94.....

Better to take color xerox of your passport which shows your entry and exit stamps....

I-797 forms will be fine....attach copy of it's approval....if not, take web copy of I-797 (shows approval message).....

I-20 is not necessary in your case (I think).....

- Submit evidence of Non-Immigrant Status begining with you original entry as listed on your form I-485 and ending on the date of filing adjustment I485.

Please submit a current employer letter from your petetioning employer outlining your specific job responsibilities in detail, salary, and prospect of future employment. The letter must be signed, dated and on Company letter head.

You must submit the request within 30 days blah..blah..

My question is :

Just curious,
You got the RFE on 27th september and you found the content of RFE today on 28th September?? can you please let me know how to you know about the content of your RFE??
Thanks,
gckajadoo

Easy RFE to respond, you dont need 30 days.. ( this weekend should be enough :)

1. Send approval copies of H1's
2. Send xerox copies of All entries of Passport entry infor before 485 filing - color is good
3. EVL should be easy to prepare..

I think your approval is a matter of time when you respond.

wish you good luck.

How did you get the info so fast?

Same question as gckajadoo.
We also recd the email about RFE on 09/25/07, saying that the RFE was snet on 09/22/07...haven't recd teh physical mail yet.
If you can enlighten about how to get it fast...will help very much.
We are kindof in a flux...planning to use EAD for my wife from Oct-1st. Now with this email about RFE...am concerned.
Your help is appreciated much Bobbili_Puli!!
Thx.

Our Receipt notices were recd by attorney...forwarded to me.
LFGC
PD:Mar-2002-EB3-India
I-140 AD: 02/08/07
I-485,AP,EAD (TSC) RD: 06/08/07 (notice recd by attorney)
ND: 06/25/07
FP notice recd: 07/02/07 for 07/12/07
FP completed: 07/06/07 (requested preponement)
LUD:07/06/07, 07/07/07
LUD(140):08/05/07
EAD(spouse): 07/30/07(email recd), 08/03/07(card recd)
EAD(Self):08/15/07
AP:08/08/07
485 RFE email recd: 09/25/07

Thank you itneeds and clear485.

This RFE was sent to lawyer by Fax. I contacted my lawyer and he immediately faxed it to me.

Can a Team Lead sign the employment Verification Letter.

Gurus,
Can a Team Lead sign the employment Verification Letter. I have the company Letter Heads. Just a matter of printing the letter and signing it by a Team Lead. He will be more favourable to change the contents. By the way when I applied for I-485 I was a consultant(Analyst) but now a Technical Lead. What do you suggest? My present company is a large healthcare company

Bobbili_Puli,

It is better tell the company HR about your situation and get a letter. Mostly they will listen, because you are working for them.

This is my 2 cents…

My question is :

I don't think you need all your I-94's. You just need to send the current I-94.

I think the EVL has to be prepared/signed by HR. Don't know if this is the rule, but think about it: If you were the IO, would you accept a letter signed by someone who's not representing your company officially? You'd better play safe and take a "non-perfect" letter from your HR, rather than having to respond to a 2nd RFE in the future that asks for an official letter. --Unless you truely believe that your HR will screw you up for good.

Thank you itneeds and clear485.

This RFE was sent to lawyer by Fax. I contacted my lawyer and he immediately faxed it to me.
Again, a quick question here...you said your lawyer recd the fax of RFE...I thought the RFE is sent by mail. Did your lawyer make any request for sending it by Fax...in case you know of a way to request it by fax...let us know.

Thx much.
Rgds.

Ifgc..My lawyer didn't request anything. one month back I have faxed expedite request to TSC Director, Ombudsman and also sent letter to Congress man. The RFE mentioned that they are sending the RFE by Facsimail in order to process faster. It also mentioned that response by facsimail(fax) is preferred. We can also mail but cannot do both.

Designation matters?

Hi,

I got EVL RFE in 2005, and taken an employment letter from HR with the designation I was in 2005 that is "Senior Software Engineer".

When I applied for my I-485 in 2003 I was a "Software Engineer". But in 2005 I responded with emplyment letter from HR with designation "Senior Software Engineer". Do I need to worry about the designation change?

Now I am a "Lead Software Engineer" (same company), so if I get another RFE, what will be the designation to be mentioned in my Employment Letter from HR?
Can we specify the right designation with current salary as long as we are in the same sponsered company?

What you mean by "non-perfect" letter from HR? I have taken Employment Letter from HR for so many times (with my designation change) to get my pasport stamped in India.

I think the EVL has to be prepared/signed by HR. Don't know if this is the rule, but think about it: If you were the IO, would you accept a letter signed by someone who's not representing your company officially? You'd better play safe and take a "non-perfect" letter from your HR, rather than having to respond to a 2nd RFE in the future that asks for an official letter. --Unless you truely believe that your HR will screw you up for good.

Hi,

I got EVL RFE in 2005, and taken an employment letter from HR with the designation I was in 2005 that is "Senior Software Engineer".

When I applied for my I-485 in 2003 I was a "Software Engineer". But in 2005 I responded with emplyment letter from HR with designation "Senior Software Engineer". Do I need to worry about the designation change?

Now I am a "Lead Software Engineer" (same company), so if I get another RFE, what will be the designation to be mentioned in my Employment Letter from HR?
Can we specify the right designation with current salary as long as we are in the same sponsered company?

What you mean by "non-perfect" letter from HR? I have taken Employment Letter from HR for so many times (with my designation change) to get my pasport stamped in India.

To my best knowledge, Designation is nothing to do but the Job duties are important, Job duties should be same n similar to those mentioned in your labor certification.
th-x
gckajadoo

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the OP's original concern: It seems that he thought his HR would not be as flexible as his team lead and may not be able to write a very favorable letter as the OP wanted. --I wasn't saying that all EVL's from HR are "non-perfect".

Regarding your other concern, yes I agree to the other post that it doesn't matter as long as you're still in the same company and in related field.

Fyi

FOlks, I asked my lawyer who can sign the EVL, Supervisor or HR since it was not mentioned in the RFE who should sign it. He said either one is fine. Just FYI..so that you don't wait for HR unless it is mentioned in the RFE.