Received Removal Letter

jamie143

Hello,
My I-485 was withdrawn in the beginning of 2020 and I just received a removal proceeding letter from USCIS in late August.
My mother just have her 2 years green card recently. In my case, could my mom sponsor me as the petitioner? I don't want to leave the country. Is there any an alternative way that can remove the removal process?
Please help!

Thank you

A green card holder cannot sponsor anyone in removal proceedings. Anyone trying to adjust status on the basis of a family petition by a LPR has to be in a valid status to begin with (and have a current priority date, but that’s the lesser concern here).

Why did you withdraw your I-485? (It was based on a petition by whom?) How did your mother immigrate? Since you said 2-year green card, I assume she was petitioned by her US citizen or permanent resident spouse that she married less than 2 years ago. Is your stepfather a US citizen or permanent resident? Were you under 18 when they married?

Why did you withdraw your I-485? (It was based on a petition by whom?) How did your mother immigrate? Since you said 2-year green card, I assume she was petitioned by her US citizen or permanent resident spouse that she married less than 2 years ago. Is your stepfather a US citizen or permanent resident? Were you under 18 when they married?

I am over 21 years old at the time my mom submitted her green card application. Yes, my step dad is a citizen.