Received PCC from Chicago....but something is missing

sansin

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks who have already received their PCC from Indian Consulate,

I have received my PCC which reads as follows:

"There is no adverse information against Mr ____ Holder of Indian Passport No.____ issued at ____ on ____ which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities."

THe reason I feel it may not be correct, is that a friend of mine has received a PCC which read as follows:

"............................ which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including VISA for USA."

So, as you can see, my friend's PCC has those extra four words "including VISA for USA" that my PCC does not have.

Anybody else received PCC that does NOT have the phrase "including VISA for USA" at the end???

Please let me know if you feel this is a discrepancy that I need to resolve by calling Indian Consulate, or if my PCC is in acceptable format.

Thanks
Sanjay

sansin said:

"There is no adverse information against Mr ____ Holder of Indian Passport No.____ issued at ____ on ____ which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities."

THe reason I feel it may not be correct, is that a friend of mine has received a PCC which read as follows:

"............................ which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including VISA for USA."

So, as you can see, my friend's PCC has those extra four words "including VISA for USA" that my PCC does not have.

Anybody else received PCC that does NOT have the phrase "including VISA for USA" at the end???

Please let me know if you feel this is a discrepancy that I need to resolve by calling Indian Consulate, or if my PCC is in acceptable format.

Thanks
Sanjay

I really don't know if that phrase makes any difference. But for your reference the PCC I got yesterday from SFO does include the phrase.

Rashmi

sansin said:

Thanks
Sanjay

better u ask consulate because my PCC contains those words like including VISA for USA

VJ

PCC- Chicago

I just checked with the lady at the Chicago Consulate. She says, that Chicago Consulate does not issue PCC with the phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA". She said that the entry in the Passport ("PCC ISSUED FOR USA") should be good enough.

Folks who have received PCC specifically from CHICAGO Consulate, can you please confirm if your PCC has the phrase "Including VISA for USA" ???

Thanks a lot
Sanjay

sansin said:
I just checked with the lady at the Chicago Consulate. She says, that Chicago Consulate does not issue PCC with the phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA". She said that the entry in the Passport ("PCC ISSUED FOR USA") should be good enough.

Folks who have received PCC specifically from CHICAGO Consulate, can you please confirm if your PCC has the phrase "Including VISA for USA" ???

Thanks a lot
Sanjay
Hi,

Our's also don't have the phrase"Including VISA for USA". Chicago Consulate issued them.The passport contains the endorsment 'PCC issued for U.S.A'.

Last edited by a moderator:
VJ2002 said:
better u ask consulate because my PCC contains those words like including VISA for USA

VJ

Hi VJ,

Was ur's issued by Chicago consulate?

Thanks,
DPP

DPP and KGN,
Did you guys already attended the CP interview or yet to ????

I took from SFO and it does contain that phrase and I think it is specifically mentioned if you ask for Immigrant visa at the XXX consulate.

May be raju or other senior can suggest something better.

thanks

vm1214 said:
DPP and KGN,

I took from SFO and it does contain that phrase and I think it is specifically mentioned if you ask for Immigrant visa at the XXX consulate.

thanks

I need to check the copy of my PCC. Mine was from SFO.

But I feel absence of that portion should not be a problem.

Will post in the evening.

Raju

vm1214 said:
DPP and KGN,

thanks
Our's wiil be in Aug.

Raju595 said:
I need to check the copy of my PCC. Mine was from SFO.

But I feel absence of that portion should not be a problem.

Will post in the evening.

Raju

Raju,

Thanks for the info.
DPP

sansin said:

Thanks
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Did ur friend get PCC from Chicago Consulate?

Thanks,
DPP

PCC from Chicago Vs other Consulates

Hi,

I checked with 2 friends. One got PCC from NY. His PCC includes the phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA". My other friend got it from Chicago. His PCC DOES NOT include that phrase.

So, the conclusion is, Chicago Consulate DOES NOT include this phrase, but mentions it in the passport.

If anybody got PCC from Chicago, which has this phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA", then please post it here, so that we get a chance to take this up with the Chicago Consulate.

I would think that there should not be any discrepancy in PCC formats between the different Indian Consulates. On the other hand, it may be true that this discrepancy might not matter at all.

regards

sansin said:
Hi,

I checked with 2 friends. One got PCC from NY. His PCC includes the phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA". My other friend got it from Chicago. His PCC DOES NOT include that phrase.

So, the conclusion is, Chicago Consulate DOES NOT include this phrase, but mentions it in the passport.

If anybody got PCC from Chicago, which has this phrase "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA", then please post it here, so that we get a chance to take this up with the Chicago Consulate.

I would think that there should not be any discrepancy in PCC formats between the different Indian Consulates. On the other hand, it may be true that this discrepancy might not matter at all.

regards

My PCC from chicago also does not say "INCLUDING VISA FOR USA". I don't think this is a discrepancy, its the way Chicago Consulate gives it. I checked with a friend of mine who successfully completed CP last year and it said the same thing for him. His PCC was also issued from Chicago Consulate.

I think we can put this issue to rest.

Hi,

Our PCCs are also from Chicago and are identical to what you mention without the last phrase "inc. visa for USA". The Consulate refused to issue a new one with the above phrase.

I talked to a friend who received GC via CP couple of years ago and had recd PCC from Chicago. He does not remember the exact contents of PCC but said they did not have problem during the interview. So we are just hoping the same.

Apurwa.

I dont think it will create any problem because it has answered the basic and fundamental requirement of PCC if there is any adverse information or not.Now for what purpose this PCC is used for, should be immaterial.

I checked my PCC which was from SFO and it contains the words
'including VISA to US'.

But, as I said above, you should not worry if this part is not there.

The one you have is as good as the one I got.

Raju

PCC from Chicago

I recieved PCC from Chicago and does not include the pharse "for travel or VISA" but there is an endorsement in the passport that states"PCC for USA" with an endorsement number.

thanks.