Received Oath Ceremony letter day after appointment

fon462

On January 20th I received my oath ceremony letter scheduled for January 19th. This is really frustrating since this has been a long process. I applied on March 2017. In November I requested a case status update only to find out they lost my bio-metrics specifically my picture. I was instructed to send passport photos by my case officer to USCIS.

I am wonder has this happened to anyone else with receiving the Oath Ceremony letter after or on the same day? What is the turn around time until it is rescheduled?

My Greed Card expires in May and I am hoping to have my citizenship before that time.

You shouldve went in that very day you received the letter or the day after and explained to them wjat happened

You should do so urgently !!

You shouldve went in that very day you received the letter or the day after and explained to them wjat happened

You should do so urgently !!

I received the Oath ceremony letter a day after on Saturday. USCIS offices are closed on the weekend. I called the 800 number Monday morning and they said I needed to send my Oath Ceremony letter back with an explanation as to why I didn't attend. I made copies of everything and explained that I received the letter after the scheduled date.

I also want to note I received the letter January 20th. The letter was post parked January 17. No way it would have come to my house in time.

What you. Couldve done as well. Was make a copy of the actual envelope because the post office stamps the letter. With a processing date. In the upper right hand corner. Ive seen that on some of my mail. That would also help in proving when you recieved the notice. You still should try and do a walk in. Better than sitting around waiting

I know thats what i would do

But you”ll be fine. Just gonna take a little longer than it should