Received interview letter?? in dilemma

tangerine77

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks I have received a yellow Interview letter with my case File NO for interview but there is no specific date and location when is my interview. They did mention though to bring my drivers Licencse or state ID when i come for interview but i dont see any interview date .

please suggest wht shld i do ??

thanks

This is NOT your interview letter,, just a yellow letter many other posters have received with info on the documets to take with you to the interview.

You should receive the actual interview letter next..

good luck :)

Hi
What is the service center for which your processing times are? I sent my N400 in Jan, got Receipt on Jan 24th and then a yellow letter on March 3rd saying what to bring at the interview ( with no time and date for the interview). I am still waiting for FP notice? I live in San Jose area.

Thanks
KS

If you did you FP for some other immigration related activity recently - including entering the country - you might not need to do FP again

If you did you FP for some other immigration related activity recently - including entering the country - you might not need to do FP again
The US-Visit fingerprinting done now at the POE for LPRs has nothing to do with the USCIS fingerprinting process and therefore doesn't replace the fingerprinting requirement for N-400.

Hi
What is the service center for which your processing times are? I sent my N400 in Jan, got Receipt on Jan 24th and then a yellow letter on March 3rd saying what to bring at the interview ( with no time and date for the interview). I am still waiting for FP notice? I live in San Jose area.

Thanks
KS

If you have not been fingerprinted for any USCIS related procedures then its best to call and ask about your fingerprint letter,, it would also help if you looked at the timeline in your " san jose area that way you would get a better idea of your timeline some DO's are fairly fast while others are REALLY slow but you never know with USCIS some people wait like two years to complete their journey..

The best thing to do is be active ( like try calling them and inquiring about your case. and once they tell you everything is OK you are in normal timeframe then be patient it sometimes takes a while..

Good Luck to you :)

My yellow letter came on march 12th; interview letter followed on april 9th plus I have a name change as well.

RD Jan 26th 2009
DO Baltimore

There is a post from one person that his FP letter was lost in mail. If you don't get FP letter with in 3 weeks of N-400 application date, call USCIS to find out if any FP notice was sent.

Hi folks I have received a yellow Interview letter with my case File NO for interview but there is no specific date and location when is my interview. They did mention though to bring my drivers Licencse or state ID when i come for interview but i dont see any interview date .

please suggest wht shld i do ??

thanks
Did you receive anything yet regarding your interview? I applied in September 2008. I received the yellow letter in February, but I never got the interview letter. It turns out they sent my file to Nebraska. I am in Virginia and the local office is Fairfax.
Seems some people's cases just fly through and others take much longer.
I suppose it's luck of the draw on who gets your file to process!
It's annoying and frustrating to hear of those that filed after you and yet have already obtained citizenship! I feel your concern. Please update us.

Here is the timeline for my N400 at Fairfax.

D/O Washington.

N-400 sent --- 02/25/09
N-400 received --- 02/26/09
check cashed --- 03/04/09
NOA received --- 03/09/2009
FP Letter received --- 03/12/09
FP Scheduled & Done--- 03/28/09
IL received ---- 04/18/2009
IL scheduled -- 05/20/2009 (1.30 PM)

Any one know if the Oath will be conducted on the same day or Do I need to wait for the Oath letter again. Please share the recent experience at Fairfax,VA.

Name change

My yellow letter came on march 12th; interview letter followed on april 9th plus I have a name change as well.

RD Jan 26th 2009
DO Baltimore

Hi,

What name change you are refering? I am also trying to change my maiden name to husbands last name. However did not include that option while submitting N 400 form . just thought I will mention that during interview time. Not sure how much more difficult it may be . I have filedin San Francisco area. Thanks.

The US-Visit fingerprinting done now at the POE for LPRs has nothing to do with the USCIS fingerprinting process and therefore doesn't replace the fingerprinting requirement for N-400.

SO what do you suggest? I called USCIS earlier and they said the same thing I could see online. N 400 application received by NBC and sent to the local center. Its been 3 months now and I haven't received FP notice yet.:(

Here is my time line
N-400 Jan 17
NOA Jan 27
Yellow Letter- Mar 3
No FP notice yet