Received EAD at local INS (Cherry Hill, NJ) Office:

newyogan

Filed for 485, EAD, AP for both me and my wife.

RD: 11/16/01
ND: 12/06/01
AP Approval for both: 01/01/2002

EAD Approval for me: 02/05, card sent out on 03/12. Card was not received until 04/24. Lawyer received 765 approval notice on 3/21.

Wife EAD: RFE for Photo on 02/05. Responded immediately and received by INS on 02/19. No status change till 04/24.

After waiting for 5 months since filing for EAD...

Went to local INS office at Cherry Hill, NJ on 04/22 without appointment. INS gave appointment for 04/24 (for their by-appointment-only day, wednesday). Appointmetn letter asked for the following doc(Copy of 485 receipt, approval notice if any, passport, I-94 and any other immigration doc, and NO PHOTO)

Went to Cherryhill office on 04/24.

Filled out another 765 form, copy of the 485 receipt and EAD receipt)

They issued EAD valid for one year from 04/24 in 30 minutes. No questions asked. No interview. The officer at the reception took a picture took a signature, copy of the documents we gave and issued the EAD.

BTW, cherry hill office (per INS site) doesn\'t cover the county we live, but the INS office didn\'t ask anything and there was no issue.

Could one go to Newark, NJ for getting an Interim EAD?

I saw contradictory postings on this notice board regarding getting an IEAD (Interim EAD) at Newark, NJ.

Is it possible to get an interim EAD at Newark, INS with or without an appointment? At what time should i go in there? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance for the replies