Received call from INS on cell phone

this_processing_kills_me

Registered Users (C)
Some officer called letting me know that my case is with another officer, and that s/he is "working on it". He mentioned that he worked on the case after my 2nd FP was received on 20th Jul, and then transferred the case on 28th Jul to some other dude. When asked how much longer will it take before I hear anything, he mentioned "within 30 days".

Nothing new from the conversation, except:

1. BCIS has become increasingly prompt in replying to fax inquiries. I actually had 3 replies come back -- a fax back reply, a letter mailed to my address, and yesterday the call on my cell phone.

2. The case exchanges hands more times than not, and depending on the stack of files with each officer, the case transfer may not happen overnight (I wonder why it took him a week to transfer the case to a different officer).

WAC: 02-134-5xxxx
ND: Mar 2002

_this

this_processing_killsMe said:
Some officer called letting me know that my case is with another officer, and that s/he is "working on it". He mentioned that he worked on the case after my 2nd FP was received on 20th Jul, and then transferred the case on 28th Jul to some other dude. When asked how much longer will it take before I hear anything, he mentioned "within 30 days".
_this

How did he get your cell phone number ? Did you provide the same earlier when you filed I485 or address change or any other time ?

this_processing_killsMe said:

Nothing new from the conversation, except:

1. BCIS has become increasingly prompt in replying to fax inquiries. I actually had 3 replies come back -- a fax back reply, a letter mailed to my address, and yesterday the call on my cell phone.

2. The case exchanges hands more times than not, and depending on the stack of files with each officer, the case transfer may not happen overnight (I wonder why it took him a week to transfer the case to a different officer).

WAC: 02-134-5xxxx
ND: Mar 2002

_this
Cool :D
This is the 2nd report of an IIO calling people back ... I think the first was ruxrux

I like this new face of USCIS :)

FunnyWait said:
How did he get your cell phone number ? Did you provide the same earlier when you filed I485 or address change or any other time ?

I had contacted INS to inform them of my address change about 6-8 weeks ago. At that time I gave my cell number as the day time number for them to reach me.

_this

I contacted them about my I485 case and they told me they would inquire in CSC. Asked me for address and phone, also asked if there's any other phone where they may reach me and I gave them cell phone number. BTW, T-Mobile SUCKS!!!

ruxrux said:
I contacted them about my I485 case and they told me they would inquire in CSC. Asked me for address and phone, also asked if there's any other phone where they may reach me and I gave them cell phone number. BTW, T-Mobile SUCKS!!!

switch to at&t or cingular then :p :) :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :D we tend to go for goodies and they screw the service.

rk4gc said:
Yeah, file AC21 and switch, just kidding.
better option -- switch first and hope no one will find out about it...

If they do find out and ask you..... then file AC-21 for the switch and mumble lamely about the old AC21 being lost in the mail :)

:D :D