Received all three NORI from India - What next?

ukharit

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

I have received all three NORI from India and also know that I need to send them over to embassy which eventually will be forwarded to the DOS. I'm little confuse that - Do I need to send them any thing else? Any document, etc??

Just to clarify, I have J1 visa until June 2008 (with no likely extension) and I am applying under no objection category.

Thanks in advance.

addresses india

hi there,
I'll really appreciate if you could let me know the all the three concerned depts. and the authorities to contact to get the J1 waiver NOC's. I am going from pillar to post but all in vain... regards

Hi friend,

Sorry, I'm checking this site after long time. These are the addresses I used:

1) Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Address:

The Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Education,
External Scholarship - 5,
Dept of Scholarship & Higher Education.
MHRD, A-1 / W 3 Curzon Road Barracks,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg.
New Delhi 110001.
India

2) The passport office from which the application obtained a passport to come abroad:

Superintendent
Regional Passport Office
BDA Building, Nainital Road,
Izat Nagar, Bareilly 243 001
Uttar Pradesh
Telephone : 0581-547114,549048
Fax : 0581-543250
E-mail: rpo.bareilly@mea.gov.in

3) State home address:

Secretary,
Department of Home
Project Bhawan
Dhurwa, Ranchi 834004

Thanks Kalingan. I checked my status on DOS website (updated last friday). It shows "favourable Recommendation". I guess now its just the waiting game to receive final document by post from USCIS.

Do you have any idea for first time H1 stamping in Canada and/or Mexico??

Umesh

Congratulations for getting the waiver.

I am just in the process of starting the waiver process.
I am working as a research post-doc but am a medical professional from india. where do i need to send the waiver papers for NORI? There are two places I read, one for medical-professionals and one for non-medical professionals. But the former one is for people who want to practice here as physicians. I am very confused. can anyone tell me?

Also, to send the documents to India or to indian embassy here in US, do we need to have a case number?

thanks

Congratulations for getting the waiver.

I am just in the process of starting the waiver process.
I am working as a research post-doc but am a medical professional from india. where do i need to send the waiver papers for NORI? There are two places I read, one for medical-professionals and one for non-medical professionals. But the former one is for people who want to practice here as physicians. I am very confused. can anyone tell me?

Also, to send the documents to India or to indian embassy here in US, do we need to have a case number?

thanks

If you have done clinical training in the US on a J1, you do not have the option of getting a No objection certificate, you WILL have to go back to country of origin or do serve in an under served area/VA hospital for 3 years. The NOC route is for non clinical training in the US on a J1, regardless of what your prior training in India was. Hope this helps

thank you for writing.....

I m not pursuing clinical training in the US on my current visa...i m doing basic science research....any further comments? I m sure it has to be No-objection waiver...