Receipt Date vs Actual Received date.

GCaspirations

My 485 application was received by USCIS at Nebraska Center on July 06, 2007 per the tracking receipt. My attorney received the receipts intrestingly from California service Center with receipt date July 06, 2007. I received a transfer notice from California Service Center dated Sept 12, 2007, with receipt date as Sept 04, 2007. Also the check was cashed on Sept 06, 2007.
Should I worry about the receipt date on the transfer notice?
Would this delay my processing of 485?
Please advice.

receipt date vs actual receipt data

Is there a remarkable difference between the receipt date and the actual received dates?

My wife and I are planning to make a trip to India by mid of Oct this year. we filed our 485 by 1st week of August, looks like we wont get receipts before we leave.

But we have to go anyways for this family function.

Is there a possibility that the receipt date might be after mid oct and we might loose our 485 applications?

any thoughts? how about people who have already got their receipts, is there a different receipt date than the actually received date?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a remarkable difference between the receipt date and the actual received dates?

My wife and I are planning to make a trip to India by mid of Oct this year. we filed our 485 by 1st week of August, looks like we wont get receipts before we leave.

But we have to go anyways for this family function.

Is there a possibility that the receipt date might be after mid oct and we might loose our 485 applications?

any thoughts? how about people who have already got their receipts, is there a different receipt date than the actually received date?

U need 485-receipts issued AND Advance Parole approved (I-131) before you travel. Previously USCIS has not enforced the rules people travelling on H visa and having filed a 485 case, need AP document before travel.

Recently they have made this clear that even applicants on H visas NEED AP approved before travel.

You might have a friend mail you the AP after you have left but THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. Some people have gotten away with it in the past before enforcement BUT if CBP agent discovers this at Port of Entry, you might be denied admission and your 485 be deemed abandoned

aaifor,
Could you please point me to where this was published? I have travel plans towards the end of the year and was wondering about the subject in question as well.
Thanks.

Recently they have made this clear that even applicants on H visas NEED AP approved before travel.

Any body in the same boat

Are there other people in the same boat as mine?
Are people seeing transfer of cases from one service center to another?
Is this going to delay the processing time as I have still not received finger printing notice yet?

where is this mentioned in the USCIS site?

U need 485-receipts issued AND Advance Parole approved (I-131) before you travel. Previously USCIS has not enforced the rules people travelling on H visa and having filed a 485 case, need AP document before travel.

You might have a friend mail you the AP after you have left but THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. Some people have gotten away with it in the past before enforcement BUT if CBP agent discovers this at Port of Entry, you might be denied admission and your 485 be deemed abandoned

Please give some reference to where this info is available in the uscis web site.