Receipt Date and Notice Date -

SBI1

Registered Users (C)
What is the difference between the two?

Concurrent filling of I-140/I-485, I have the following info:

Receipt Date - 3/17/2003
Notice Date - 1/30/2004 (I-140 approval)
Priority Date - 3/14/2002

Which is which...what's the difference between the two (three)...?!

Receipt Date - Date when ur application was received by USCIS/DHS
Notice Date - Date when the notice Occured i.e. date when 140 was approved
Priority Date - Date when LC was filed (assuming EB)

Receipt Date - Date when ur application was received by USCIS/DHS
Notice Date - Date when the notice Occured i.e. date when 140 was approved
Priority Date - Date when LC was filed (assuming EB)

Thanks.
So, when you look at the Current Processing Times in the different centers, in the far-right column it says "...Receipt Notice Date of...which one qualifies - the Receipt Date, or the Notice Date...? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The processing dates should be equal to the Receipt Date on your Receipt Notice. For example: after you file I-485, the service center will send you a receipt notice, now the date on that notice is equal to the processing dates.

At least this is what I assume. I hope this helps.

The processing dates should be equal to the Receipt Date on your Receipt Notice. For example: after you file I-485, the service center will send you a receipt notice, now the date on that notice is equal to the processing dates.

At least this is what I assume. I hope this helps.

I don't know...according to my attorney, the Notice Date is the date at which USCIS acknowledge in a notice that they received the application. So, if they receive it today, and there is a Receipt Date of today, it can take them from one day to God knows how many months to send a note acknowledging that they indeed receive it, which is a complete ludicrous. He also told me that the Notice date of my I-140 approval equals to the Notice Date of my I-485 because we filled concurrently. Now that doesn't make sense at all, becuase the I-140 was approved 10 months after the Receipt date...I don't know, this is just way too confusing.

The reason I started with this question is that I received a letter from TSC last week (I am one of those VSC applicants who were transferred to TSC few weeks ago) in response to an inquiry that I initiated to the service center on 1/4/07. I haven't heard from them for 45 days so I called again mid February. Few days later we received the note about the transfer.
So last week, this letter comes in response to my 1/4/07 inquiry....first of all, thanks for getting back to me three months later :rolleyes: . Second - they didn't even include my application, they sent two letters for my wife and daughter. Third, the letter says that
Our review indicates that this case is acually within our current processing time
...so I looked on-line and TSC is now processing September 2006...can you believe this? They are telling me that this is within processing time when my dates are (any date you wish to look at - PD, ND, RD...) 2002, 2003 and 2004 (the last one is January 2004). Some kind of nerve these people have to tell me that this is within....unbelievable.

so I looked on-line and TSC is now processing September 2006...can you believe this? They are telling me that this is within processing time when my dates are (any date you wish to look at - PD, ND, RD...) 2002, 2003 and 2004 (the last one is January 2004). Some kind of nerve these people have to tell me that this is within....unbelievable.

I do not know if your PD is current or not, but to look at the processing date in those tables, you or me or whoever should have a PD current first. If your priority date is not current, for example the PD is 1985 and the processing date in the table is 09/07, your application date is 1990 you are still within processing dates.

I do not know if your PD is current or not, but to look at the processing date in those tables, you or me or whoever should have a PD current first. If your priority date is not current, for example the PD is 1985 and the processing date in the table is 09/07, your application date is 1990 you are still within processing dates.

You lost me now.

This table is the reason I asked the question. The right column of the table says ...Receipt Notice date...what does that mean?
Also, define PD. Do you regard PD as the dates in the Visa Bulletin, or the dates under Now Processing?
My PD is March 2002. If PD is Visa Bulletin then yes, I am within, but if PD relates to Now Processing then no, I am way outside processing time.

You lost me now.

This table is the reason I asked the question. The right column of the table says ...Receipt Notice date...what does that mean?
Also, define PD. Do you regard PD as the dates in the Visa Bulletin, or the dates under Now Processing?
My PD is March 2002. If PD is Visa Bulletin then yes, I am within, but if PD relates to Now Processing then no, I am way outside processing time.

1- Receipt notice date in the table means the date for those who have current processing date with no retrogression.
2- The PD is the date in visa Bulletin which will be reflected as "now processing" because for sure there are thousands of people applied before that date and the first come (suppose that every thing else is cleared) the first served (there should be a gap between the processing date and PD of the bulletin for both retrogressed and non retrogressed).

1- Receipt notice date in the table means the date for those who have current processing date with no retrogression.
2- The PD is the date in visa Bulletin which will be reflected as "now processing" because for sure there are thousands of people applied before that date and the first come (suppose that every thing else is cleared) the first served (there should be a gap between the processing date and PD of the bulletin for both retrogressed and non retrogressed).

I think you are wrong on that. Even when you call the National Customer Service Center and you give your receipt number and they look up the dates, they too say "wow, this is definitely outside processing time" (ONPT)...it happened to me three times - I didn't have to say a word, they said it themselves, so I think the PD reflects the dates on the column, not to the Visa Bulletin.