Recd Interview Notice for 3/19 - Santa Ana

march 19th. My husband and I are extremely nervous. 10 yrs of hard work is on the line now.

we can give u advice but we need details

md
rd
ap
ead
country
eb category
any rfe ? - if yes give details
fp scheduled/done dt
job title
try to give as many details as possible of the above

here are the details.

labor filed - 5/96
labor approval - 9/99

nd - 01/01
rd - 12/00
eb category - eb3
any rfe ? - yes for i 140 - educational evaluation, salary, job description, companies financials - i140 was approved in 11/00.
ap - got 2nd ap last week
ead - got 2nd ead last week
country - india
fp done/approved - 3/15/01
job title - project electrical engineer
filed under 245(i) because h1 expired on 2/17/00. got student status in june 2000 and 0-1 visa was approved in 9/00. but since we were out of status for more than 6 months, we did not leave the country to get the change of status.
hope this is enough info. Any help is appreciate.d

similar case

hey Apshroff,My interview date has\'nt come yet,but like you ..i also changed my status several times without going out of the US ,and my student visa expired before i filed for 485....mine is EB3,ND 4/20 2001,RD 6/19 ,FP 29nov....no RFE

245(i) cases are generally transferred for interview

You do not have to worry if you have all the documents
But I would advise you to take a lawyer with you and make sure that he reviews your case before the appointment

Hope this helps

No Title

my adive is carry all documents you should be fine. They would have called you for interview as this is very old case and want to make sure everything is fine.

carry all the taxes returns filed, W2, employment letter, pay stubs and all previous immigration documents, birth certificate, proof of living in US, marrage certificate (photos cards etc for spouse), keep all documents in nice folder and organise with labels on them.

Check all other posts for interview and carry documents they specified. By the way are you taking good lawyer with you that will help.

stay calm and answer to all questions and produce all documents Santa Ana office is real good one and INS officers are good.

Best of luck.

/Vguru

Thx to all of you for your input.

I just finished putting all the docs together. Now we just have to wait and see. Will post my experience at the interview.

No Title

Good luck with your interview. I think you will be fine. Don\'t worry too much.

No Title

I followed advice on the notice. To be on the safer side, I basically copied everything mentioned on the notice, sorted them out and put in several folers. I used my company\'s copier to do this during off hours so it cost me nothing ;). I know for a family of 2-3 persons this may sound too much. Actually it may not be necessary. Mostly the officer needs to check the originals to verify the copies filed with your application. If the officer really wants a copy but you don\'t have it, I see no problem for him/her to step out and make a copy using their copier. For me, the officer took away the copies of my tax returns, W-2s, my company\'s financial statement, a few pages from company\'s annual report(as a proof of the company\'s name change) and the original letter of employment.
Good luck.