What is the reason for this LUD?

• USCIS is sending a fingerprint notice

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • USCIS added this line "In Care of (My last name)"

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Green

Registered Users (C)
I called USCIS yesterday regarding my wife not receiving a fingerprints notice. I was basically told that all we can do is wait. The officer I talked with noticed that my wife's last name is different than mine, so she added this line in my wife's file: "In Care of (My Last name)". She thought this will clear any future confusion with the mail delivery. Today my wife's LUD for her I-485 changed. Please tell me your opinion by answering the poll question :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Green said:
I called USCIS yesterday regarding my wife not receiving a fingerprints notice. I was basically told that all we can do is wait. The officer I talked with noticed that my wife's last name is different than mine, so she added this line in my wife's file: "In Care of (My Last name)". She thought this will clear any future confusion with the mail delivery. Today my wife's LUD for her I-485 changed. Please tell me your opinion by answering the poll question :D

Same happened in my wife case too, After LUD change she got code -3 in 3 days. They have given Oct 29, 05.

INS2004Filer said:
Same happened in my wife case too, After LUD change she got code -3 in 3 days. They have given Oct 29, 05.

But the officer I talked to told me not to expect anything before 5 to 6 months?? Weird

Question to United Nations, Green, five ice.

Mr.Green, I called the NSC for address change, this ignorant customer service agent picked after 40 mins, she doesnt know what PD is or she knows nothing. She gave all crap answer to simple questions.

Please let me know how to initiate an enquiry, how to figure out if my namecheck is complete. Whats the best number to get to an agent.

My 140 was approved in August. No LUD after that to my I485.

thanks a ton guys

I've been lucky so far. The longest I had to wait was 5 minutes. I call the 1800-375-5283 number.

The problem is that the people we are talking to are not immigration officers. I actually ended up educating the lady I talked to about what Code 3 meant.

Like someone said, keep calling until you talk to a decent agent.

Wife Received Bio Code 3 Notice!

Hi All,

Just to update you, my wife just received her biometrics code 3 notice. The notice date is 10/7/05, one day after the LUD date and our phone call to USCIS. Did our phone call triger the notice? You draw your own conclusion :D

She is scheduled for a date different than my date, but I'm going to take her with me on my date. Hopefully, they will let her do it!