RealCanadian and Gurus please help... Fingerprint appointment

techbuyer77

Registered Users (C)
Please help. My husband got his fp appointment and we would like to know exactly what happens when he will go there (because I wont go with him, mine has not arrived yet)

ok, mine was code 3 and I just had it a few days ago. This is exactly what happened step by step: first I went in and the front desk security officers asked for my ID and the appointment letter. She attached both to a board, gave me a form to fill in and a pencil (yes, a pencil) and told me to fill that in and go to another desk where a lady was sitting. So I filled that in, and I went to the next lady who looked at my ID and my info (compared for accuracy) and gave me a number. Then, I sat down and waited for my number to come up. Basically they have like 10 of their staff who come out to the waiting area after they're done with a client, press a button that changes the wait # and the person who's got the new number gets up and gives her the board with the ID and the appointment letter and the filled in form. The staff person takes you with her and takes prints of all your fingers, then takes a picture, then makes you sign. Then she stamps your appointment letter, gives it back to you and you are done. The waiting was 1/2 hour for me and the actual fingerprint/picture/signature was roughly 5-10 mins. I hope this makes sense, feel free to ask questions:).

FP Appointment

What info did you feel in the form? Do I need to carry any notices for notice ref# etc.?

ok, mine was code 3 and I just had it a few days ago. This is exactly what happened step by step: first I went in and the front desk security officers asked for my ID and the appointment letter. She attached both to a board, gave me a form to fill in and a pencil (yes, a pencil) and told me to fill that in and go to another desk where a lady was sitting. So I filled that in, and I went to the next lady who looked at my ID and my info (compared for accuracy) and gave me a number. Then, I sat down and waited for my number to come up. Basically they have like 10 of their staff who come out to the waiting area after they're done with a client, press a button that changes the wait # and the person who's got the new number gets up and gives her the board with the ID and the appointment letter and the filled in form. The staff person takes you with her and takes prints of all your fingers, then takes a picture, then makes you sign. Then she stamps your appointment letter, gives it back to you and you are done. The waiting was 1/2 hour for me and the actual fingerprint/picture/signature was roughly 5-10 mins. I hope this makes sense, feel free to ask questions:).

Thanks antilope!!
The form I understand is only like your name address phone number, but I am not sure.
Please let us know what the form says and happy 4th of July!

The appointment letter has all the info you need. Kind of like the owner's manual in your car's dash! Take the appt letter, the I-485 number should be on it, if not have the copy of the receipt. You need your A number-again on the forms and two forms of ID. I had passport and driver's license. They didn't bother to check the passport. If I were you I will go with him and ask to be fingerprinted at the same time. With us my daughter's and ours were 2 days apart and was kind of annoying. Otherwise the whole process is stress free-RELAX.

The appointment letter has all the info you need. Kind of like the owner's manual in your car's dash! Take the appt letter, the I-485 number should be on it, if not have the copy of the receipt. You need your A number-again on the forms and two forms of ID. I had passport and driver's license. They didn't bother to check the passport. If I were you I will go with him and ask to be fingerprinted at the same time. With us my daughter's and ours were 2 days apart and was kind of annoying. Otherwise the whole process is stress free-RELAX.

what kind of ID did they check for your daughter..? was it the h4-i94..cos it is the only US ID issued..? they might not bother for the Indian passport..?

for us..I think our Drivers license is checked as in ID.

pls respond..

What info did you feel in the form? Do I need to carry any notices for notice ref# etc.?

The form is just something for them to have for their records to show you were there (they gave me a PENCIL to fill it in:confused: ). Anyways, it asks for your name, your A number, your address, your LIN numbers, your parents' first names and country of birth/citizenship, other names you're known by, date of birth. Just your bare general information. And signature of course. That's it, nothing to it. Make sure you bring the ORIGINAL appointment letter with you. I also read on here that I should bring all my receipt notices for the I140 and I485 which I did but they didn't even want to look at them, just the appointment notice.

what kind of ID did they check for your daughter..? was it the h4-i94..cos it is the only US ID issued..? they might not bother for the Indian passport..?

for us..I think our Drivers license is checked as in ID.

pls respond..

Anything you have that shows your name and picture is considered valid ID (of course it also has to be an official document). I went through 3 check points and I saw a wide range of ID's being used. ONly one though, no one came with different ID's at one time. Most had driver's license, some had passports. They only compare to make sure the names are the same and that you look like the picture. I went the day after I was scheduled :D and no one raised an eyebrow. if I were you I'd try to see if they can take you at the same time as your husband. Just ask nicely, you never know.

Actually my wife took my dtr, she says they didn't check anything. She also has a local ID issued by DMV, it is expired but we take it with us just as proof that she is our dtr but she had the passport as ID. Why do you think they won't care for foreign passport. Ours is not Indian and probably from a less reputable country!