Real Urgent. Coming back US, has AP, expired H4

Amaan

Hi all.

I would appreciate if u guys could help me out with the following situation ASAP, as my wife is coming back from India coming sunday. She is travelling from Delhi to Minneapolis. If anybody came to minneapolis on AP and share the experience, that would be great.

My wife has an expired H4 visa and a valid Advace Parole. She is coming via Amsterdam.

1) How does this advance parole works when coming back to US?
2) What documents she need to show here at Minneapolis.
3) Does she require a transit visa in India for coming thru\' Amsterdam (because of H4 expired).

Last time when she left for India, at the airport we had lot of problems and she missed two flights, just because of the ignorance of American Airlines counter reps. She had valid AP and expired H4, but she was travelling with Lufthansa from Chicago. They said she require a transit visa for Germany. And could not let her go on the expired visa. But, after fighting for 4 hours they contacted German consulate, and finally talked to some Indian lady at Lufhthansa\'s counter in Chicago, they made arrangement for her to travel by next available flight. Man, It was too much trouble.. After talking to lady at chicago counter, she told me that these guys don\'t know that if you have "AP", you don\'t need any other document to travel, even the AP is expired.

I am just stating this as my wife is coming on Sunday (same as last time when she left US and all of the government offices will be closed), could she experienced any other problems, specially in Minneapolis. (where I think not many people travel on Advance Parole/Expired visa, otherwise AA would have known that).

Also, what could they ask at Delhi airport and what she has to show them when checking in at the counter. She is coming via Northwest/KLM.

I really need this help, so that I could fax any required documents to her.

Thanks for reading the story, other than to-the point questions, which might help you guys to understand why I am posting this question...

Thanks in advance...

Please, please reply this ASAP

Thanks again!

Kaka

Ask them to read the document...

It clearly says that the holder can enter US, no matter what. Generally an AP holder will not face any problems with a US port since there will be always be a supervisor who is aware of AP.
The only issue is at Delhi and at Amsterdam. If the airlines have been in operation for some time, then there would be lots of AP holders who would have used the airlines. I do not anticipate any problems in Delhi.
If there is a problem in Amsterdam try to find somebody who is a INS authority in case of a problem.
Read about advance parole in INS sites and take some printouts. Do not mention about expired H4 because that will confuse them. Show the AP and act confidently. Have a copy of 485 receipt.
Ask your wife to fill out I94 and sometimes AP holders are subjected to secondary inspection - which is normal.