Read this on Murthy\'s forum..sounds scary

H1Blayoff

Registered Users (C)
Someone on Murthy\'s forum posted the following: -------------------------------------------------------------- I changed jobs on an EAD before 180 days. Applied for my I-485 on March 2001 ( has been > 180 days). 485 was sent to local INS at Denver by the NSC. In the interview the officer said that they would have to put my case on hold till they receive the AC21 regulations. This is ridiculous since most portability cases are being adjudicated even without the regulations. But anyway, the INS is always right. Questions: 1. Will the fact that I changed jobs before 180 days cause an issue? The July 2001 INS guidance in this regard states that the I-485 should remain unadjudicated for 180 days. This is so in my case and I am working in the same field (and hope to continue till the INS judgement day). 2. In the same line as Q1, is there any likelihood that the eventual regulations contradict the July 2001 guidelines. I mean, specifically by denying adjudication to applicants changing jobs before 180 days? Thanks much. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can someone confirm, if this is true and has INS taken some measures to implement such things after the AILA 2002 conference. Thanks