Re-fingerprinting & Implications

vsaksena

Registered Users (C)
Folks on this board, I would appreciate any suggestions/insights

I am EB-2/VSC PD Aug 2002 (thus affected by retrogression). Our file was transferred to Boston district office & thereon to the satelite office in Manchester, NH in Oct 2005.

We were interviewed back in Dec 2005, and were told by the officer who interviewed us that our file was all complete & all we needed to do was wait for the Priority dates to become current & our application for 485/AOS would be approved right-away.

when the PD's for May were published, we were hoping for approval in May.
BUT as USCIS is so fond of messing up with people's plans & hopes, we recieved a fingerprint retake notice (we had the original fingerprints taken in Nov 2004 & subsequent name checks & all crap FBI/CIA & so forth are all done)

Now with this "RE-fingerprint" thing we are fearful will complicate the process.

Does another round of finger-printing neccesiate name-checks & so forth all over? coz if that's so we might go on an infinite if-loop.

we would appreciate if any of the forum members would shed any light/share experiences on this.

Regards

Vikas

Here is what I know ...

vsaksena said:
Folks on this board, I would appreciate any suggestions/insights

I am EB-2/VSC PD Aug 2002 (thus affected by retrogression). Our file was transferred to Boston district office & thereon to the satelite office in Manchester, NH in Oct 2005.

We were interviewed back in Dec 2005, and were told by the officer who interviewed us that our file was all complete & all we needed to do was wait for the Priority dates to become current & our application for 485/AOS would be approved right-away.

when the PD's for May were published, we were hoping for approval in May.
BUT as USCIS is so fond of messing up with people's plans & hopes, we recieved a fingerprint retake notice (we had the original fingerprints taken in Nov 2004 & subsequent name checks & all crap FBI/CIA & so forth are all done)

Now with this "RE-fingerprint" thing we are fearful will complicate the process.

Does another round of finger-printing neccesiate name-checks & so forth all over? coz if that's so we might go on an infinite if-loop.

we would appreciate if any of the forum members would shed any light/share experiences on this.

Regards

Vikas

Vikas,

You should just complete the FP and not worry about the Name Check and other security checks. Did you receive Code 3 biometric notices? If this is the case then the USCIS is just trying to collect Biometric data that they need in order to issue the physical GC to you. As far as I know, a second FP does not automatically trigger another round of security checks.

regards,

saras

Re-fingerprinting

Saras,

I am not sure if what we got was code 3 (does not say anything on the notification), we got our intial fps done back in Oct 2004, and then again when we went for the interview in Dec 2005, we had FPs done again. Honestly, I don't even know wht a code 3 is, would appreciate any info on that tho!

from wht I have read & gleaned from this board, the FPs expire after 15 months or so, & tht could be driving the need for another FP.

Tht being said, why should we need another FP? we are concerned that could result in another interminable delay.

Vikas

Biometric Code 3

I received biometric code 3. That would be mentioned in the invitation you have received from the service center. For me they have taken finger prints of all fingers in both the hands, digital signature and digital photo. The appointment was on 04/14/06 and the fingerprint data was immediately transmitted to FBI. I saw LUD changes on 04/16/06 without change on the message. If you have given the same fingerprints, digital signature and digital photograph then that must be Code 3. If not that may be Code 1 or Code 2. You may wait for the response from known individuals in this forum.

Please post developments on your case.
Best of luck!
gj