Re-entry permit

Airspray

I have a few questions regarding the re-entry permit if someone has been through the process:
1. After I send the application (from within the US of course) can I fly back home and come back for the biometrics?
2. How long in advance do you usually get the biometrics appointment notification?
3. Can I ask that my biometrics will be taken at a different ASC than the one assigned by the address in the i-131? If so, how?
4. Can you pay the application fees with a USPS money order?
5. Regarding naturalization - if I activate my LPR and leave the US with a re-entry permit right after that, does the 5 year clock start at the activation time? I'm not talking about the actual presence, just the start date of my LPR status. Does the 4 years and 1 day rule apply if I come back after a year or so?

Thanks all!

1. Yes you can, if the cost of flying back doesn’t matter to you.
2. Two to four weeks.
3. No you can’t ask to be assigned to a specific ASC. You however may be able to do a walk-in at some other ASC outside of your assigned ASC.
4. Yes.
5. Not a conversation I want to get into, considering you haven’t even activated your LPR status at the moment. Maybe someone else can answer this.

Thanks for your answers. I think the cost of flying would be much less than paying for a hotel for a month-month and a half plus all the time I miss work during my stay...
I would appreciate if someone could answer the last question

Re 3, it is definitely “may” not “will”. Some ASCs don’t take walk-ins at all anymore, even for different date appointments at the same office. So if you are flying out and back, don't make the landing point too far from the office you'll be scheduled to have your bio at.

You are an LPR the moment your status is activated, so yes, your GC should show that date. Whether or not the 4 year 1 day rule would apply for naturalisation is still unclear to me. I remember a discussion where I read that this rule applies after you have at least a year of physical presence prior, but I don't know anymore. Been a while. Have a look through the forum, or maybe someone can find a link.

You are an LPR the moment your status is activated, so yes, your GC should show that date. Whether or not the 4 year 1 day rule would apply for naturalisation is still unclear to me. I remember a discussion where I read that this rule applies after you have at least a year of physical presence prior, but I don't know anymore. Been a while. Have a look through the forum, or maybe someone can find a link.
Yeah, that's exactly my problem, I see contradicting information everywhere and in all the forums I've seen they only discuss people who lived in the US for a while before leaving, I have yet to find a case of someone who left right after activation... I'm not sure how to get clear and official information about this...