Rajudm's I485 approved -- All done... April 2003/EB3 PD 23July2002

rajudm,

Congrats on your approval. I also got my approval today and I was just wondering what is the next process.

Do we have to wait till we receive the 485 approval in the mail to take the Infopass appointment or can we schedule one rightaway?

Can you list out all the documents we need to have for passport stamping?

-anxious_gc

GC092002 you got it because someone cancelled the appointment. Only your spouse will be allowed inside at that time. If you want to accompany at that time you need Infopass appointment and the approval letter.

anxious_gc
congrats, you can get the appointment now. If approval letter should arrive in about 5 to 8 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, you are right.

That is why I selected option of "speak to IIO" for my spouse so as a primary applicant I can join to provide more details on the case.

Hope everything goes fine on 4th as I've planned for PP stamping.

anxious_gc - Congratulations..

rajudm said:
GC092002 you got it because someone cancelled the appointment. Only your spouse will be allowed inside at that time. If you want to accompany at that time you need Infopass appointment and the approval letter.

anxious_gc
congrats, you can get the appointment now. If approval letter should arrive in about 5 to 8 days.

Hi Rajudm ,

I always felt happy to see fellow April 03 applicants getting approved .It is one of the most unfortunate groups .

I am happy for you . Time for you to relax and celebrate .

Sunny

Congrats Raju

rajudm said:

anxious_gc

Could you please throw more light in dealing with the local congressmen.

What to talk and what not. How dod we approach them and so forth.

Will that really help, that comes true in your case i guess.

Well enjoy your freedom to One World and happy stamping.

Thanks in advance for the feedback on the CongressMen.

Rajudm:

Congratulation... Thats great news.... I used to follow your case since we had pretty much same I-485 date... got to know lot about you as well... one of things i guess is your are from Karnataka like me...

Good luck and enjoy your freedom...

JJ

ptlsb said:
Could you please throw more light in dealing with the local congressmen.

What to talk and what not. How dod we approach them and so forth.

Will that really help, that comes true in your case i guess.

Well enjoy your freedom to One World and happy stamping.

Thanks in advance for the feedback on the CongressMen.

These are the steps:

1) go to house.gov and find out who is the local congressmen/women for by providing your zip code.
2) They would have a website with information. follow the link and read about their way of helping people with immigration issues.
You may have to sign a Form with all your details SSN, A#, receipt number and the steps taken by you in contacting service centers with their outcome. Also you could suggest in what way they could help you.
3) Usually Congressperson is preferable over Senator simply because of less workload in congressmen's office. Some personal attention will be given.
4) Service centre would respond to their request which I found true. It is not like getting standard response to our queries (lack of man power, service pending.....).

All the best.

joejoy said:
Rajudm:

Congratulation... Thats great news.... I used to follow your case since we had pretty much same I-485 date... got to know lot about you as well... one of things i guess is your are from Karnataka like me...

Good luck and enjoy your freedom...

JJ

thanks joejoy. Could you please tell me in your case if they got the visa number while stamping or was it a quick stamping after verfying the approval letter. You are right my journey is Bangalore-Vancouver-Canberra- US Tristate. I would say that I have lived in best cities/areas in respective countries.

Thanks a Ton.

rajudm said:
These are the steps:

1) go to house.gov and find out who is the local congressmen/women for by providing your zip code.
2) They would have a website with information. follow the link and read about their way of helping people with immigration issues.
You may have to sign a Form with all your details SSN, A#, receipt number and the steps taken by you in contacting service centers with their outcome. Also you could suggest in what way they could help you.
3) Usually Congressperson is preferable over Senator simply because of less workload in congressmen's office. Some personal attention will be given.
4) Service centre would respond to their request which I found true. It is not like getting standard response to our queries (lack of man power, service pending.....).

All the best.

Thanks a lot for taking the time and answering my question. Also if you don't mind could you please let me know how I have to proceed regarding my case.

Thanks

Hi rajudm,
congratulations. It's time to put the worries behind and start celebrating.
Good Luck.

dsatish said:
Hi rajudm,
congratulations. It's time to put the worries behind and start celebrating.
Good Luck.

dsatish,
Thanks. It is taking some time to realize that the worries are over. ;)

Update ...

My son's card has been ordered on Friday April 1st. This is without biometrics. On the forum I have seen kids <14 years are also getting finger printing notices for biometrics. I had taken appointment for my son's passport stamping hoping that biometrics would be issued.

After receiving his card with correct information, I plan to cancel his Infopass appointment.

rajudm said:
My son's card has been ordered on Friday April 1st. This is without biometrics. On the forum I have seen kids <14 years are also getting finger printing notices for biometrics. I had taken appointment for my son's passport stamping hoping that biometrics would be issued.

After receiving his card with correct information, I plan to cancel his Infopass appointment.

Congrats Raju. I did not read this thread until now.
Great conqueror. if you can keep all these countries citizenship you will be truly a world citizen.

As for as your son is concerned do not cancel info pass. Just get his passport stamped even if he gets the card. That would be more safer.

tammy2 said:
Congrats Raju. I did not read this thread until now.
Great conqueror. if you can keep all these countries citizenship you will be truly a world citizen.

As for as your son is concerned do not cancel info pass. Just get his passport stamped even if he gets the card. That would be more safer.

thanks tammy2. I will follow your advise and get my son's passport also stamped. Will they allow inside when the approval letter says 'card will be mailed'?

rajudm:

Mine was a quick stamping. They asked for the following documents in following order.

1. Approval notice and valid passport.
2. All EAD cards.
3. All APs.

They verified all documents one by one and asked to step aside for a Finger Printing. Immediately after that I was returned the PP. Entire process took about 15 minutes. No other questions asked what so ever. I was told that I will receive card in 6 months. But I received my card in 25 days (including non-business days).

Good luck and enjoy.

JJ

stamping!!!

Yesterday we got our passport stamped successfully ( so no issue with PD and EB3...looks like I sailed through in EB2, who cares at this point). In the process I got to know the analytical ability of an IIO.

a) I had filled out I-90 for correcting my son's Green Card where they had wrongly put the date of birth. In fact the original I485 had wrong date (courtesy of my attorney). Last year this time I had sent an ammendment to I485 with birth certificate explaining the Australian Date format how it converts to American date format. After showing the original DOB certificate, the IIO asked me show the proof of his country of birth as Australia. There was the city (Canberra) and the State (Australian Capital Territory). She wanted to see Australia mentioned on the certificate. However there is a large Australian map as a watermark. After 10 min of arguing I came to know that how can just the birth is sufficient to get the citizenship if parents are not citizens/residents of that country. Here she was thinking in terms of Canadian rules where baby would get citizenship if one of the parent is atleast a resident of the country.

We assume that people knowledgeable about other countries immigration rules work in USCIS, and it is not the case. Therefore we see so many unnecessary RFEs at I485 stage. Finally she accepted to send the application to card center and warned me to prepare for an answer if they ask me to show the proof of country of birth.

b) IIO had put gender as Female for my son's IBIS form and sending it for IBIS check. Since I noticed, I told her to look at my son. (don't know if they have to do IBIS name check for a minor, but IIO had included it).

SSN office experience was another story. My status was not updated while my wife's was ok. Here the lady took 45 minutes to serve our case. While entering my son's data she misspelt mother's maiden name. When asked to correct it, her response was it is ok. I insisted that she change so that it won't be problem in future.

It was a quite a experience....I would like to forget the trauma once I get the physical cards with right data. Hope I have seen the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rcvd emails from USCIS...but useless..RD Sep01

On April 15, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.....

God knows why NO approval.....

Does anyone know about this email....?
thx

Journey ends--Finally

Spouse and myself received the physical cards, thus ending the GC journey.

Thank you all, from now on my visit to this forum will be minimal....lot of things to catch up which got unnoticed due to preoccupation with GC.

:) :)