Rajiv's thread for Tri-Valley with the latest information - Updated 2 March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
Guys, I am posting this thread to update information. But because of the overwhelming number of questions from the community, I am closing it for posting questions. But I will be monitoring your discussions and answer as many questions as I can.

TriValley Forefeiture Complaint with My Comments

Attached is the Complaint filed by the govt. for asset forfeiture. This gives us an idea about what the govt. is thinking. I have made some comments on the complaint for your understanding.

Tri-Valley Students -- status and related issues

The attached memo contains my two cents on how I view this situation. I am also attaching the pertinent regs for your review. I hope to see many of you in the conference call tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest updated 31 January 2011

Here is what was discussed in the conference call with the Tri-Valley students yesterday, 30 January 2010.

• Since ICE has indicated to the Indian Consulate in San Francisco that they will come up with a detailed position statement this week, it is prudent not to take any major actions till then.
• Filing AR-11 is a good idea if:
o You suspect USCIS does not have a your current address
o You have nothing to hide and would feel comfortable if govt. wanted to contact you
• If you can afford a lawyer, do not talk with ICE without a lawyer (personally, I still feel if you have nothing to hide, why bother, but others seem to disagree. I have tilted more towards getting lawyers involved since all this nonsense about radio-tagging students by ICE.).
• Applying for a reinstatement to student status is a good way to go if your school to which you are transferring can issue a new I-20 even if they are not able to access your SEVIS records.

ICE Hotline for Tri-Valley University Students

ICE has set a help line 415-844-5320. Students can leave a voice message. An ICE representative will return the call. A special email address has also been set up SFRHSIFraud@dhs. gov.

Admissions and funds

Mr. Mahender Musuku of North American Telugu Association has indicated that they have created a fund for students who are in exceptional need. He has also mentioned that Monmouth University in New Jersey http://www.monmouth.edu/ will consider for admission all qualified students for its March semester.

PS Students are reporting that Monmouth is actually scaring them that everyone will be directly deported by ICE (which is false, of course) and that Monmouth can admit them only in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
The law on Reinstatement is Attached

We have also recorded a brief question and answer session. I will be posting that today as well.

Dont be alarmed by fake emails

The following email sent by several members of our community to me is obviously a fake. It has been sent from a gmail address. By the way email addresses can be faked easily also. All you have to do is provide a different "return to" address in your account settings. So, watch for vicious pranks like the following email:

Date: Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Subject: Violation Notice to all the students of Trivalley University
To: fed.dhs@gmail.com
Bcc: Individual emails

All of you are aware regarding the Tri-valley University Raids and Investigation is still going on.
Its a law that all the people who are living in United States of America should abide by the Rules & Regulations of federal law. Several violations and crimes came into limelight after a strict monitoring is done on internet, articles which have been published by students in google sites and free conference calls.

These uploads are published on the forums and discussion boards of google sites. Individuals who published these articles are from California, texas, florida, maryland, new jersey, virginia and the rest of United States. We know that students are still hiding and doing jobs in 7 Eleven, Gas Stations, Dollar Stores. Investigation is still going on and Tri Valley University Case has been taken up very seriously with authorities.

This email is a Violation Notice to all the students of Trivalley University who have been involved in violating the below

CHAPTER 1 - HOMELAND SECURITY ORGANIZATION
SUBCHAPTER IV - DIRECTORATE OF BORDER AND TRANSPORTATION SECURITY
TITLE 6 - DOMESTIC SECURITY
Part E - Citizenship and Immigration Services
The Communications Decency Act (CDA)

There are several other violations which have been reported are in the process of investigation currently under strict monitoring and scrutinity concerning internet threats. We advise all the students of Trivalley University to strictly follow the internet rules and regulations which is enforced by the Federal Authority and strictly abide by the Laws.

Litigation is appropriate at this time

Upon their explanation of all efforts at talks with ICE having failed, I have sent the following email to two of my colleagues in Pennsylvania who are preparing to sue the government:
Thanks * and *. I had thought from day one that this was a policy matter and needed to be corrected in that manner. I was disinclined to litigate this matter at least in the DC circuit (I am in DC, not Texas) because of several reasons, all of which seem to have been put to slumber, if not assassinated, by the deplorable bureaucratic indifference. I say power to you. If you have any plaintiffs who wish to speak with me about what I think today, let me know. I will be happy to speak with them. My cell for your use is 202 *******.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way as well. I have no problem joining in as co-counsel if that helps, but I have no desire to use the students' plight as a tacky neon sign for my own advertisement.

I am finalizing a multiple page letter to Secy. Clinton summarizing all the facts/law. I will pass that along once done. Hopefully, that may help your paralegals to add to the complaint from one ready source.

Warm regards. Rajiv.

H-4 Visa Issued from Inda

One of the TVU students just received an H-4 visa approval. These were the questions asked:

1) Did you recently transfer to any other university ?

2) how did you feel after you heard the news about school shutdown after 1 week of your transfer?

3) Why did you plan go to that university?

4) Did you get any chance to attend the classes over at that university?

Status
Not open for further replies.