questions

marie_travel

Registered Users (C)
I have a couple of questions if anybody has the time to answer please.
1. Now that I am a US citizen I no longer need to inform USCIS if I move, correct?
2. I am also an EU citizen and I am confused about traveling with 2 passports. When I leave US for EU, do I show EU passport at the checkout in US? Or only when I arrive to Germany I show EU passport or do I show US passport when I leave US? I know when I come back to US, I always enter with the US passport.
3. I want to petition for my sister. I know it takes 10-12 years before it would get approved. Right now I don't make enough money to be a sole sponsor. Do I need to find a co sponsor now or 10 years from now when the petition would get approved? I mean when you file the application, do you already file the affidavit of support now or later?

Thank you.

I have a couple of questions if anybody has the time to answer please.
1. Now that I am a US citizen I no longer need to inform USCIS if I move, correct?
2. I am also an EU citizen and I am confused about traveling with 2 passports. When I leave US for EU, do I show EU passport at the checkout in US? Or only when I arrive to Germany I show EU passport or do I show US passport when I leave US? I know when I come back to US, I always enter with the US passport.
3. I want to petition for my sister. I know it takes 10-12 years before it would get approved. Right now I don't make enough money to be a sole sponsor. Do I need to find a co sponsor now or 10 years from now when the petition would get approved? I mean when you file the application, do you already file the affidavit of support now or later?

Thank you.

1. No need to let USCIS know. You are done with them (well, for your own case, not the sponsoring)... :)
2. I recently traveled for the first time as a dual citizen to Germany. Flying there, you check in with your US passport at the airline, show your German passport at the German immigration checkpoint. Coming back the same thing in reverse, you check in with your US passport at the airline, show your German passport when leaving at the German immigration checkpoint, and enter the US with your US passport. Don't volunteer that you are a dual citizen unless asked.
3. Not sure, but I assume that the affidavit would only be needed later. You may want to post at the family based boards.