Questions regarding 485/EAD/AP Receipts

bharatpremi

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Yesterday my lawyer received receipts for my spouse and kids (485/EAD/AP) but not for myself. Now my lawyer is insisting upon sending me the copies of the receipts and do not want to send me the originals. With respect to that I have following questions:

1) Is that o.k having copies only or we should have originals? If we do not
have originals what bad may happen?

2) Either my lawyer or I have not received any of my receipts but we
received all receipts of my family. Is this normal? How long should we wait
for my receipts before contacting USCIS? By the way USCIS already gave
me my all numbers for teh receipts and according to USCIS my receipts
already mailed on Sept 14th. What would be advisable action for me in
this case?

3) None of the receipts of my family contain Priority Date. PD field is blank on all receipts. Is this O.K.?

Thanks.

- BharatPremi

To answer:

1. It is okay to have a copy of the receipts. You do not need originals.

2. It is not normal that you will be missed out. Hope it is postal delay or delayed from the dispatch section at USCIS. If you do not get the receipt for your case in the next two weeks, ask your attorney to follow it up.

3. The priority date may have been mentioned on your I-140. If not, check with your attorney.

Wish you good luck.

sail1

To answer:

1. It is okay to have a copy of the receipts. You do not need originals.

2. It is not normal that you will be missed out. Hope it is postal delay or delayed from the dispatch section at USCIS. If you do not get the receipt for your case in the next two weeks, ask your attorney to follow it up.

3. The priority date may have been mentioned on your I-140. If not, check with your attorney.

Wish you good luck.

sail1

Thanks sail1.

140 and 485 filed concurrently...

My 140 and 485 filed concurrently on 8/3/07 in Nebraska service center and so far no clue on receipts. My 6 years H1B expires in Feb 08. Any Idea on whats going on concurrent filings?