questions on opening LLC in Illinois

Barbus

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys. I would like to open an LLC in Illinois with my friend (who is not US citizen/resident and lives in another country) and have a couple of questions since this is a little non-standard one.

1) This LLC in necessary for our business in another country (for participation in various tenders) so this LLC will have no activities/income in the US, only outside of the US. I am permanent resident and will own 50% of the LLC, also I will be living outside of the US most of the time. My question is - for this case do I have to pay any federal or state taxes in the US with regard to this LLC? I read that I need to mention my LLC activities in my personal tax forms but since LLC will have no income in the US (but it will have income outside of the US, I hope :D ) - is there still some minimal amount of taxes that I have to pay in the US? I also assume that my friend (who will own other 50% of LLC and is neither US citizen nor resident) will not have to pay anything to the US?

2) Since I will be out of the country most of the time, I will not have a permanent address in the US - but we will need one for LLC. I think the way out is to pay for "registered agent" services. I will appreciate if you tell me the procedure for establishing this registered agent, how much they charge per year, and also advice on some good providers out there.

3) I think we will need to pay some amount to Illinois Secretary of State office every year for LLC registration? What is this amount?

Anyway, I will appreciate if someone point me to the link with step-by-step instructions to opening of LLC in Illinois as well as to the phone numbers/e-mails which I can use for my questions.

Thanks in advance, guys.