Questions on filling out I-765 and I-131

civ2ru

Registered Users (C)
I am getting ready to file I-485 together with I-765 and I-131 and I was wondering if you could help me out on a few points on filling out the forms. I would really appreciate your help!

I-765

Part 11, "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" I am in U.S. under P-1 working visa, so does that mean "Yes"? Or do they mean applying for this particular EAD document, in which case the answer is "No"?

I-131

Part 3, "Class of Admission". Do they mean my non-immigrant status (which is P-1), or something else?

Part 7, "Please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered". Is it enough that I'm applying for adjustment of status and advance parole for temporary travel as one of its benefits, or do they need another explanation?

Thank you so much!

civ2ru said:
I am getting ready to file I-485 together with I-765 and I-131 and I was wondering if you could help me out on a few points on filling out the forms. I would really appreciate your help!

I-765

Part 11, "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" I am in U.S. under P-1 working visa, so does that mean "Yes"? Or do they mean applying for this particular EAD document, in which case the answer is "No"?
If you had applied for a prior EAD, you answer yes. else No.

I-131

Part 3, "Class of Admission". Do they mean my non-immigrant status (which is P-1), or something else?
You write P-1 as your COA

Part 7, "Please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered". Is it enough that I'm applying for adjustment of status and advance parole for temporary travel as one of its benefits, or do they need another explanation?
Thank you so much!
Include a letter that briefly explains why you need AP. State any reason and any period in the future.

ari4u said:
If you had applied for a prior EAD, you answer yes. else No.

You write P-1 as your COA

Include a letter that briefly explains why you need AP. State any reason and any period in the future.
Part 3, "Class of Admission".

One could change his status to the other status after entry. Should the applicant provide his initial entry status or the most current status when answering the question of Class of Admission?

If one has already had an I-485 in file, does he still need to provide a letter to explain why he needs the AP?

BTW, have you ever filed I-131 before?

immiq said:
Part 3, "Class of Admission".

One could change his status to the other status after entry. Should the applicant provide his initial entry status or the most current status when answering the question of Class of Admission?
The most recent one.

If one has already had an I-485 in file, does he still need to provide a letter to explain why he needs the AP?
The instructions ask to provide a letter as to why you need an AP. Send one, if they want, they keep it, else they trash it

BTW, have you ever filed I-131 before?
Yes.

ari4u said:
The most recent one.

The instructions ask to provide a letter as to why you need an AP. Send one, if they want, they keep it, else they trash it

Yes.
Some people may maintain their H-1B status; some may just use the EAD to work while their I-485 pending.

1) Does the AP applicant have to provide a proof of nonimmigrant status or I-485 receipt is sufficient?

2) Since you ever applied for the AP before, can you give some good reasons for the people who apply for the AP just for backup?

immiq said:
Some people may maintain their H-1B status; some may just use the EAD to work while their I-485 pending.

1) Does the AP applicant have to provide a proof of nonimmigrant status or I-485 receipt is sufficient?
submit a copy of your I-94 to show proof of current status.

2) Since you ever applied for the AP before, can you give some good reasons for the people who apply for the AP just for backup?
Its your call if you need AP or not depending on your situation. In my case, i filed I-765, I-131 along with I-485. I wasnt sure how long i would hold on to the H1-B job so there was a high possiibility that i might quit and use my EAD; hence i felt i needed an AP to travel since my H1-B would not be valid once i use my EAD. (FYI, my GC was family based and i had no restriction of sticking to my employer for GC)

ari4u said:
submit a copy of your I-94 to show proof of current status.

Its your call if you need AP or not depending on your situation. In my case, i filed I-765, I-131 along with I-485. I wasnt sure how long i would hold on to the H1-B job so there was a high possiibility that i might quit and use my EAD; hence i felt i needed an AP to travel since my H1-B would not be valid once i use my EAD. (FYI, my GC was family based and i had no restriction of sticking to my employer for GC)
Let me modify the questions.

1) If the applicant does not have nonimmigrant status but work on EAD only, how does he provide his I-94?
2) You have answered, “The instructions ask to provide a letter as to why you need an AP. Send one, if they want, they keep it, else they trash it.”

I do not know what reasons the applicant can list in the letter if the applicant just wants the AP as backup. Can you give some reasons as warrant issuing the AP? If you do not know it, as you said, "its your call if you need AP," you may say "I do not know." I thought you could answered the question.

immiq said:
Let me modify the questions.

1) If the applicant does not have nonimmigrant status but work on EAD only, how does he provide his I-94?
I-485 receipt is proof of "Pending AOS" status.

2) You have answered, “The instructions ask to provide a letter as to why you need an AP. Send one, if they want, they keep it, else they trash it.”

I do not know what reasons the applicant can list in the letter if the applicant just wants the AP as backup. Can you give some reasons as warrant issuing the AP? If you do not know it, as you said, "its your call if you need AP," you may say "I do not know." I thought you could answered the question.
be creative ;) Your AP application will not be rejected if they dont like the reason.

ari4u said:
I-485 receipt is proof of "Pending AOS" status.

be creative ;) Your AP application will not be rejected if they dont like the reason.

Hey immiq, how about just saying that you want to visit your home country to see your family there? Like ari4u said, it really doesn't matter much as long as you paid your fees and you are eligible to get an AP.

Must the applicant submit both of his I-94 and I-485 receipt or I-485 receipt is sufficient?

If no reasons listed, will the AP be rejected or issued RFE? Has anyone got your AP approved without providing a separate letter for reasons assuming your I-485 is pending?

If you don't have your I-94, copy of your 485 receipt notice works.

I recently entered US on advance parole and I'm using my EAD. I'm renewing my EAD & Advance Parole and had these questions

1) What should I enter Class of Admisson on 1-131 ?

2) What should be 14. Manner of Entry on I-765 ?

3) Lastly, what should I write in 16. ( ) ( ) ( ) on I-765 ?

Thanks