questions: efiling for eb1a

llp1

Registered Users (C)
Hi, first time post my message here, but I've been reading a lot.
I am thinking E-filing too, but questions:
1. After efile, where should I mail the documents? On the website, it says "mail it to the address provided on the Confirmation Receipt notice". Does that mean that most people efiled got the TSC address on their receipt notice? Please share your experience.
2. If efile, we can't concurrent file I140 with I485, right?
3. Can I efile (hope to go to TSC) and paper file to NSC at the same time?
4. If efile, can we PP as well? According to the USCIS website, I think yes, but I want to confirm. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a million!
:)

Hi, first time post my message here, but I've been reading a lot.
I am thinking E-filing too, but questions:
1. After efile, where should I mail the documents? On the website, it says "mail it to the address provided on the Confirmation Receipt notice". Does that mean that most people efiled got the TSC address on their receipt notice? Please share your experience.
2. If efile, we can't concurrent file I140 with I485, right?
3. Can I efile (hope to go to TSC) and paper file to NSC at the same time?
4. If efile, can we PP as well? According to the USCIS website, I think yes, but I want to confirm. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a million!
:)

1. At present most of e file have been routed to TSC. But this may change anytime. Once you efile you will know where should you send the supporting papers.
2. After you e file you can send your 485 if current. But efile for 485 is not available at this time. You have to send it to same center who has your 140. But if
planning to PP then you can wait for 2 weeks before putting money for 485.
3. If your petition is at TSC, why do you want to apply to NSC. NSC is more stringent in approving cases especially EB1EA.
4. You can PP your 140 irrespective of efile or paper filed except NIW which is not available at present.

Good Luck

You will get a recipte with mostly the following and of corse you recipt number. just follow the instructions

Thank you for filing your BCIS benefit application electronically. Your application will be electronically transmitted to the
BCIS location at the address below for processing. You will receive an official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) within 7-10
days by standard mail with the same Receipt Number found at the top of this page.
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
US Mail
USCIS Texas Service Center (or which ever )
Attn: E-Filed I-140
P.O. Box 851391
Mesquite, TX 75185-1391
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address:
For assistance or questions regarding your application, you may call our National Customer Service Center at
1-800-375-5283 [TTY 1-800-767-1833]. For the status of your application, you can access the BCIS web site at
http://www.uscis.gov.

Thank you two very much, ajasha and SumeetBabu, for the valuable information.You are right. I shall not go to NSC.
May I ask, did you Premium Process? ($1000)
By the way, what do the "ND", "RD" , "AP", "LUD" etc. mean?
Thanks.

Thank you two very much, ajasha and SumeetBabu, for the valuable information.You are right. I shall not go to NSC.
May I ask, did you Premium Process? ($1000)
By the way, what do the "ND", "RD" , "AP", "LUD" etc. mean?
Thanks.

Yes I did PP.
RD: Receipt Date
ND: Notice Date
AP: Advance Parole
LUD: Last Update Date
FP: Finger Printing

Ajasha, thanks. I will write mine once I start my case. This forum is very informative.

Thanks. SumeetBabu. Please keep us posted.
Usually, if no PP, how long can we expect the decision?

ajasha and SumeetBabu, one question for you: can I file the same case to two different centers?
Thanks.

ajasha and SumeetBabu, one question for you: can I file the same case to two different centers?
Thanks.

The answer is no, from what I understand if you e-file the recipte tells you where your documents are to be sent it is usually TX. I think theoritically you could file in two different catogories at two different centers by e-filing one and paper filing the other.

Ajasha and SumeetBabu,
I am preparing my EB1-EA petition (self). My credentials are:
PhD India
2 professional membership
1 Fellowship award, India
4 National and 1 International poster awards
1 Travel award
5 Editorial member
6 Reviewer in Journals
1 Indian patent
11 first author paper (36 citations)
7 co-author paper
1 Review
1 Book Chapter (invited)
26 Poster presentation (Regional, National and International)
7 Reprint request

Questions:
1. I have approved I140 in EB2 and I am applying in EB1-EA. Can I apply concurrent (I140, I485 etc together) or better to try I140 first.

2. I have old NIW letters and I was thinking of using 3-4 letters for the new EB1 submission. In 2 letters it was mentioned for "EB2-National Interest Waiver". Is anyone know whether I can use them. These letters have interesting extroardinary writings and it is hard to get letters from them again.

3. My EB2 priority date is Jan 2006, if I submit EB1 EA and get approved, how to change my priority date to EB2 priority date. Whether I should write this in my EB1 covering letter or what is the criteria.

Thanks a lot.

Ajasha and SumeetBabu,
I am preparing my EB1-EA petition (self). My credentials are:
PhD India
2 professional membership
1 Fellowship award, India
4 National and 1 International poster awards
1 Travel award
5 Editorial member
6 Reviewer in Journals
1 Indian patent
11 first author paper (36 citations)
7 co-author paper
1 Review
1 Book Chapter (invited)
26 Poster presentation (Regional, National and International)
7 Reprint request

Questions:
1. I have approved I140 in EB2 and I am applying in EB1-EA. Can I apply concurrent (I140, I485 etc together) or better to try I140 first.

2. I have old NIW letters and I was thinking of using 3-4 letters for the new EB1 submission. In 2 letters it was mentioned for "EB2-National Interest Waiver". Is anyone know whether I can use them. These letters have interesting extroardinary writings and it is hard to get letters from them again.

3. My EB2 priority date is Jan 2006, if I submit EB1 EA and get approved, how to change my priority date to EB2 priority date. Whether I should write this in my EB1 covering letter or what is the criteria.

Thanks a lot.

1. There seems a good chance to get it approved in EB1EA from TSC. If you are planning to do PP then I think it is good to wait for decision because it will save money of 485 if something happens.
2. Yes you can use the old letters. But I don't know what will be the effect of EB2. But national interest is good for EB1 also.
3. Since it EB1 is current for India, it doesn't matter to get the old priority date. PD will not change your processing time by USCIS. But if you will try to confuse the morons working at USCIS you may be delayed. So don't even try until your PD of EB1 is retrogressed but PD of EB2 is current in EB1 category.

Thanks.

I think if you file at two different centers it is possible. But there is always a chance to attract the attention of the officer to other petition and this may harm your case. if you are stuck in NSC, then it makes sense to take that kind of chance. But if you efile and lands up in TSC then there is no point to take that kind of chance.
You have to mention your 1st petition in you 2nd petition. If I am in your place I won't take that chance and invite trouble.

1. There seems a good chance to get it approved in EB1EA from TSC. If you are planning to do PP then I think it is good to wait for decision because it will save money of 485 if something happens.
2. Yes you can use the old letters. But I don't know what will be the effect of EB2. But national interest is good for EB1 also.
3. Since it EB1 is current for India, it doesn't matter to get the old priority date. PD will not change your processing time by USCIS. But if you will try to confuse the morons working at USCIS you may be delayed. So don't even try until your PD of EB1 is retrogressed but PD of EB2 is current in EB1 category.

Ajasha,
Thank you for your immediate reply and answers to my questions.
I was thinking to efile I140 EB1-EA to TSC and wait for the decision. I probably may get the decision within 1-2 months and meanwhile prepare all other documents and submit immediately.

Can you please tell me what are the documents I should submit after my I140 approval.
As I know (self petition):
Myself: I-485 (adjust status), G-325A(biographic), I-693 (medical), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (advance parol-travel).

Spouse: I-693, I-765, I-131

Thanks

Ajasha,
Thank you for your immediate reply and answers to my questions.
I was thinking to efile I140 EB1-EA to TSC and wait for the decision. I probably may get the decision within 1-2 months and meanwhile prepare all other documents and submit immediately.

Can you please tell me what are the documents I should submit after my I140 approval.
As I know (self petition):
Myself: I-485 (adjust status), G-325A(biographic), I-693 (medical), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (advance parol-travel).

Spouse: I-693, I-765, I-131

Thanks

You will need
2 photographs for each 485, 131 and 765
birth certificates
marriage certificates
I-134 Affidavit of support for your spouse
Letter from your employer regarding your employment and salary to support affidavit
Passport copies
Visa copies
USCIS approval notices
Tax returns
Hold on for medical. Don't waste money on this till you get your approval. You can get it done after your 140 approval while waiting for the approval notice.

You will need
2 photographs for each 485, 131 and 765
birth certificates
marriage certificates
I-134 Affidavit of support for your spouse
Letter from your employer regarding your employment and salary to support affidavit
Passport copies
Visa copies
USCIS approval notices
Tax returns
Hold on for medical. Don't waste money on this till you get your approval. You can get it done after your 140 approval while waiting for the approval notice.

Ajasha,
Thank you for your detailed information. I really appreciate your time and help. I am collecting some more new letters and also preparing petition to submit. If in case I need any further clarification, I will contact.

Have a great time.

Thanks, SumeetBabu.
Just got scared when read messages saying e-filed by the lawyers for the EB1A/NIW etc.