questions about i-485 application as an Ashlee

nss2009

Registered Users (C)
hi i am about to apply for i-485 and have few questions

there are are few questions that i did not know how to answer

1- Have you ever violated the terms and conditions of your nonImmigrant status? yes or no
when i entered the US as b1/b2 visitor i was given 3 months to stay but applied for asylum after about 9 months . is that time spend after the 3 months considered a violation? should i answer yes or no
Have you received public assistance in the United States
from any source, including the U.S. Government or any
state, county, city, or municipality (other than emergency
medical treatment)?

i received a medical insurance from the state i was living in , is that considered a public assistance ?

Can you share your timeline when you was apply for asylum and after interview how long you wait for decision? It’s 20mounts that I’m waiting for asylum decision.

Can you share your timeline when you was apply for asylum and after interview how long you wait for decision? It’s 20mounts that I’m waiting for asylum decision.
it is in my signature area look up, the priority now is for newer cases so you might wait for even longer

hi i am about to apply for i-485 and have few questions

there are are few questions that i did not know how to answer

1- Have you ever violated the terms and conditions of your nonImmigrant status? yes or no
when i entered the US as b1/b2 visitor i was given 3 months to stay but applied for asylum after about 9 months . is that time spend after the 3 months considered a violation? should i answer yes or no
Have you received public assistance in the United States
from any source, including the U.S. Government or any
state, county, city, or municipality (other than emergency
medical treatment)?

i received a medical insurance from the state i was living in , is that considered a public assistance ?
It should be yes for both questions. Neither of them affect your AOS based on asylum.