• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about form DS-0230 and other questions after winning (YES i won!)

johan1985

Registered Users (C)
i just won the lottery =)

However, i got a few questions.

question 29 on DS-0230 - All children?
Does that mean also children over 21 years old?

Should i send the application to kentucky with registred mail?

how do i submit the barcode? do i just print the letter and send it with the other papers?

Do i need any special envelope or any special information on the envelope to send it to Kentucky?

When should i send the application?

Last edited by a moderator:
So when it say "ALL children". they mean "ALL children under 21"?

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf

9 FAM 40.1 N2 CHILD DEFINED
(CT:VISA-1581; 10-04-2010)
The term “child” refers to an unmarried person under 21 years of age. For information on when an unmarried person over the age of 21 may meet the definition of child under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), please refer to 9 FAM 42.42 N12. This note addresses the many categories of the term “child” under the provisions of INA 101(b)(1), including the categories of 101(b)(1)(F) and (G), which are also addressed in 9 FAM 42.21.

ALL means not only biological children, but also adopted children and stepchildren. Sometimes even after marriage termination stepchild relationship continues.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of you say only children under 21. So if i have a daughter who is 22, i will not write her.
Tazmania thinks otherwise. what is the truth?

How about the other questions?

Should i send the application to kentucky with registred mail?

how do i submit the barcode? do i just print the letter and send it with the other papers?

Do i need any special envelope or any special information on the envelope to send it to Kentucky?

When should i send the application?

When u print the NL, it 'll print out the barcode separately in one paper and ur NL in another paper making it 2 papers when printed it but it will show u only one page on ur computer before u print it. So till send d barcode with d forms

To be honest, i dont understand exactly :)

How do you mean two papers? one paper with only the barcode? how large shold the barcode be on the paper?

Mine printed out only 1 page, with the barcode at the top of it, and none at the bottom like it was on the screen. And that's how I sent it. I printed out several times and it was always the same. Are you saying that was wrong?

i wonder that too, this is how i would have done it.

by the way, you sent in the application really fast, is that neccisery?

If u click print from d top of NL directly it'll print it in 2 pages, one paper for NL one paper for barcode sheet. But if u click print under ur file menu from ur computer it 'll print it in d same paper.

that's what i did and there was only the one. Could you possibly be wrong? Cause I've already sent everything, and now I'm anxious.

Hi, folks,

I have a question about answering a question for DS-230.

31a. persons named in 14 and 29 who will accompany you to the United States now.

My wife is currently a F1 student in USA, however, we just got married this year in USA, which means I did not include her in the DV lottery of 2012 when I submitted the entry. So I know she will not be able to get an interview and GC with me at the same time.

Should I write her name in Question 31a?? Or how to answer this question? Since she is in USA now....