Question - Related to Reentry Permit

Hidimba

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My wife wants to go India and stay there for more than a year due to her mother's health condition.
I am curious to know that if this reason was given in the Application form is there any possibily that her reentry application will be rejected??

Someone please reply.

My experience is that a parent's ill-health is one reason which is likely to elicit a very sympathetic hearing. However, make sure to include a letter from a doctor or hospital with your application.

Unfortuantely she has only 2months. Does this mean she has to get it from US consulate in India?

Originally posted by Hidimba
Unfortuantely she has only 2months. Does this mean she has to get it from US consulate in India?
She can leave US after the application for re-entry permit is filed. She has the option of having he permit sent to a US consulate in India OR to someone in the US.
Presently USCIS Nebraska Service Center (the only one processing RePs) is working on applications filed in Nov 2002.

Is it true that everybody has to file with Nebraska Service Center even if you live in Georgia?