Question regarding TN grace period

jkang0205

Hello,
I am currently working in the US on a TN.
I've read that there is now a grace period for those on a TN status following the termination of employment for either 60 days or when their period of validity ends, whichever comes first.

Here's my situation: This fall I will be going to start on my masters degree, so I will be switching to F-1. My current TN ends on July 23rd, and I am not allowed to reenter on an F-1 until late August, so I will be leaving the US during this period of time. I am planning to quit my job on July 6th and leave the US on July 16th, so I can spend those days taking care of some personal matters. I would just like to know whether this is allowed under the grace period, and how do I notify USCIS (if needed) that I would like to use that grace period.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Not sure what your concern is. You are allowed to stay legally in US until July 23, and your period of grace ends on that date. What you do inside US until that date doesn't matter to USCIS, nor does what you do outside US after you leave. Nothing requires notification to USCIS. Just make sure you havnd back your I-94 to the airlines or to the Cdn border officer when you leave, signifying that you departed legally.