question regarding J-1 visa stamping while having applied for a waiver

francisl2

Hi, I am on a Research Scholar J-1 visa and would like to visit India. I have a current DS-2019, and when I visit India I would have to renew my J-1 visa in order to return to the US. I am thinking of applying for a waiver but I'm not sure if this would be frowned upon in the American Consulate in India, since I do not want my visa to be rejected. Should I wait and apply for the waiver AFTER I get my visa stamped in India? Please advise. Thank you!

You can wait and apply for the wavier after you get your visa stamped.

Disclaimer:- The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hello. Before getting my green card I have applied for an exchange program, which requires j-1 visa. Now I have got my green card and also I received a confirmation for participating to the exchange program. My question is whether I can participate to the program without J-1 visa, just going to the US with my green card, and if yes, what kind of problems can I have concerning to my permanent resident status? How can I overcome the problems? Thank you.