Question regarding EAD and H1-B..guju or anyone please help!

morgan60

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 RD is 12/10/01. I applied for my 3rd EAD in Oct '03 and still waiting for the approval. My 2nd EAD is expiring on 31st Jan '04. When I applied last year for 2nd EAD also the same delay happened and my employer applied for H1-B thru Premium processing and got approved within 2 weeks. That H1-B is valid until Nov '04. Before getting this H1-B, I used EAD. So, my question is Can I use the H1-B(which is valid), in case if I don't get my 3rd EAD approval on time, to continue working in my current job?. Thanks a lot.

Was your H1 B Filled by your employer for the current job? Have you ever used your EAD for any other job and/or part time job since your last H1B was approved? Will you be working for the same employer who filled your H1B?

You can also go get interim EAD at the local USCIS office since 90 days have passed from the time your filled for your EAD.

If you have been working for the same employer who filled your last H1B, and have not used your EAD for any other job, then you are on H1B status, and you don't require an EAD to work.

Can any one help me !

I have applied for my EAD renewal ( through e-filing). i did my finger printing, & digital pic also, My question is should i need to send any documents to BCIS, I havent done yet, I appreciate if any one can help me in this.

Thanks in advance

guju Thanks for the reply

1. I am with the same employer for 4 1/2 yrs. The H1-B is the 2nd one applied by them. I have not used my EAD for any other jobs. I am still and will be working for the same employer. But, my wife is her EAD for a job. Will that affect in anyway?.

2. I tried to get I-EAD from VA-Arlington office. They only gave an appointment to appear for an interview in Mar '04. And they told it is legal to continue working until the EAD is approved. I am not sure if that is true and holds good.

Your wife can work on EAD if she pleases, and you still will be on H1. Your wife is not on H4 anymore.

You never required EAD to work since you were always working on H1, don't waste your money and time in renewing your EAD. You only need EAD if you are going to change jobs or work part-time.

vijrek, did you send any papers to USCIS yet?

No I havent sent them

Guju can u pl let me know what are the enclosures for (E FILING RENEWAL). I just filed this week, did F.P. on thursday.

Thanks in advance

Thanks very much guju..

For your immediate and very useful information regarding EAD and H1-B. I appreciate it. Now I am relaxed.