Question on PERM

chameli02

Question on PERM... Please HELP!!!

Question 1
I am an H1 holder and so is my husband. If i apply for my green card thru PERM and get rejected can i convert to H4?

Question 2
Inspite of PERM being in effect, can we still apply thru the regular processing. I think it is called non RIR if i am not mistaken?

Question 3
Apart from the time of processing what are the differences between PERM and Regular Processing?

Question 4
Is it true that GC application for India, Mexico, China and Philippines are under backlog and will take another 3 years after state level is cleared? Can they apply thru PERM? or will it be the same situation?

I would be really greatful to get answers on these queries.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
chameli02 said:
Question 1
I am an H1 holder and so is my husband. If i apply for my green card thru PERM and get rejected can i convert to H4?

Question 2
Inspite of PERM being in effect, can we still apply thru the regular processing. I think it is called non RIR if i am not mistaken?

Question 3
Apart from the time of processing what are the differences between PERM and Regular Processing?

Question 4
Is it true that GC application for India, Mexico, China and Philippines are under backlog and will take another 3 years after state level is cleared? Can they apply thru PERM? or will it be the same situation?

I would be really greatful to get answers on these queries.

Thanks

1. Yes
2. No
3. Lots more. Try to find on net.

a). Backlog is for 485 case of EB3. But then there are other factors - like unused visa being released for people of India, China and Philippines(Mexico is not there). So it is not a 100% freeze.

b). Anyone can apply thru PERM.

Did it answer your queries?