Question on EAD, H4 and school

prman

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am on H1 and my wife on H4 and valid until Sept 2010, we got our EAD and AP. I may use my EAD after the 180 days which is Jan 2008. My wife wants to go to college for MS this comming fall 2008.

Now my questions are
1) If she goes to college what will be her status?
2) If I use my EAD in Jan 2008 on what status will she be on?
3) If I use my EAD in Jan 2008 on what status she can go to college?

Can gurus answer this please..

EAD Status

Thanks RealCanadian,

That means she can go to college on H4 and Adjustee? Right?

Its not good idea to use EAD despite H1 if you have valid H1 you should be use H1. Once you used your EAD your H1 status will not valid and if somehow your case will denied then you have to leave country within two weeks so you should be on H1 and your wife should be on H4 until you guys get your GCs.

Not necessary ... even your H-1B is valid you are back to square one about GC process. You hae to get though the I-485 process again anyway.

Its not good idea to use EAD despite H1 if you have valid H1 you should be use H1. Once you used your EAD your H1 status will not valid and if somehow your case will denied then you have to leave country within two weeks so you should be on H1 and your wife should be on H4 until you guys get your GCs.

In a perfect world where you want to avoid any risk, sure. But there are consequences to such a strategy, and it's up to each individual to weigh the risk versus the benefits.

If you want to avoid any risk with US immigration, leave the US and never come back. But clearly the costs of such a strategy make avoiding risk not worth it. :)