Question on amended I-140. Please Help!

Arun Mehta

Registered Users (C)
My company closed down after my I-140 approval. I have joined in similar position as full time employee in another company. Can I file an amended I-140 with my new employer or do I need to go through labour again for my GC.

Question on Amending I-140.

Hello Arun Mehta,

You will have to start a new Green Card process with your current Employer. You cannot use the Labor Certification filed by a different employer for your new GC process. However you can use the priority date of your old I-140 approval.

Disclaimer:
The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

What if it is a same employer but different location?

I have the same situation. I am about to apply for i-140 and by the time it get approved (Worst case 3 months from today) my company will layoff? But, the same employer is willing to transfer me to some other location(Different state). Can I file the 485 directly without starting GC processing from scratch?