Question for US citizens who were born outside the US

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received my US passport on Saturday. Under place of birth I have "Pakistan". However on the application form I had clearly written "Karachi, Pakistan". Anyone else (foreign born) had their city of birth chopped off???
On my Canadian one it is "Karachi, Pak". I guess each issuing authority has their own way of doing things. Some much for consistency amongst MRP issuing countries :)

Triple Citizen said:
Hi,
I received my US passport on Saturday. Under place of birth I have "Pakistan". However on the application form I had clearly written "Karachi, Pakistan". Anyone else (foreign born) had their city of birth chopped off???
On my Canadian one it is "Karachi, Pak". I guess each issuing authority has their own way of doing things. Some much for consistency amongst MRP issuing countries :)

The US Passport does not show city of birth if the holder's place of birth is outside the US. My passport contains the country of birth , not the city.
May I ask why this is of concern to you?

No concern whatsoever. Just that the DS-11 form clearly instructed to provide "City, Country" if born outside the US :)

kblacwell said:
The US Passport does not show city of birth if the holder's place of birth is outside the US. My passport contains the country of birth , not the city.
May I ask why this is of concern to you?